SWRL Tab

Emilio Miguelanez Martin
Hello all,

I am a new user of Protege 3.2 beta working in a small project. At moment,
everything was working OK until I started using the SWRL tab to create some
rules. To activate this tab, Protege needs to import the swrl.owl and swrlb.owl
ontologies. I have noticed that with a full installation Protege already
creates a global repository with these ontologies saved locally. But when I
tried to activate the SWRL tab, Protege cannot find these ontologies locally
and try to find them throu' internet. Then, with an internet connection,
Protege creates a local repository that looks like

Forced HTTP retrieval
   http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/swrl.owl
     (http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/swrl.owl [actual ontology at this
location: http://www.w3.org/2003/11/swrl])

And another one for swrlb.owl ontology.

What is happening? Why is Protege not able to find these two ontologies locally
before searching in internet? And why is it looking in a different URL for the
swrl ontology (i.e. www.daml.org instead of www.w3.org)?

And when the SWRL is activated, the OWL sublanguange changes from OWL-DL to OWL-
FULL, even when I have set previously the sublanguange to DL. Why?

Regards,

EMartin

Represent an ontology. Visualization

Francisco Javier Salas
Hi,

A generic question.

How do you represent graphically an ontology? In other words, which tool do
you use for showing an ontology? UML diagrams, OWLViz graphics, Jambalaya
graphics, etc.

I would like to use a standard and an easy way for introducing and
describing my ontology to other people.

Thanks in advance

.javi

Re: SWRL Tab

Nick Drummond
EMartin,

I've been discussing this with the SWRL tab developer and we're just
confirming the "official" version of the ontology.
Once this is done it should be trivial to resolve this problem. This
should hopefully be done by the next release.

Cheers

Nick

E Martin wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am a new user of Protege 3.2 beta working in a small project. At moment,
> everything was working OK until I started using the SWRL tab to create some
> rules. To activate this tab, Protege needs to import the swrl.owl and swrlb.owl
> ontologies. I have noticed that with a full installation Protege already
> creates a global repository with these ontologies saved locally. But when I
> tried to activate the SWRL tab, Protege cannot find these ontologies locally
> and try to find them throu' internet. Then, with an internet connection,
> Protege creates a local repository that looks like
>
> Forced HTTP retrieval
>    http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/swrl.owl
>      (http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/swrl.owl [actual ontology at this
> location: http://www.w3.org/2003/11/swrl])
>
> And another one for swrlb.owl ontology.
>
> What is happening? Why is Protege not able to find these two ontologies locally
> before searching in internet? And why is it looking in a different URL for the
> swrl ontology (i.e. www.daml.org instead of www.w3.org)?
>
> And when the SWRL is activated, the OWL sublanguange changes from OWL-DL to OWL-
> FULL, even when I have set previously the sublanguange to DL. Why?
>
> Regards,
>
> EMartin

Nick Drummond