SWRL and Inconsistency

Gianluigi Loffreda
Hi, I really need help.
1. I installed the SWRl tab
2. I wrote a Rule, the folowing one:
    Office(?x) ∧ number_of_employees(?x, 2) ∧ number_of_Chair(?x, ?z) ∧ swrlb:greaterThan(?z, 2) →  Double(?x)

which I think is correct (but I'm not sure at all)

3. Right after the creation of the rule, I selected the Pellet reasoner and I launched the "Check inconsistencies"
4. well..All the Classes now are inconsistent!!
5. If I delete the above mentioned Rule...all the Classes become Consistent...
6. where is my error?

7. At last, how to verify the execution of the rule? I tried to download Jess but it seems that servers are down. Is there any other way to verify the SWRL rules?

Thank you
Gianluigi Loffreda

Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)

Re: SWRL and Inconsistency

Gianluigi Loffreda
by reading here, http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLJessInstall
I understood that to use SWRL rules I must install the Jess Rules Tab by installing the jess.jar.
Is it correct?

Unfortunately actually there's no way to download it, nor from jessrules.com, or any other suggested link.

Does anyone post an active link to require an academic version of the jess reasoner?

Many thanks

Gianluigi
Gianluigi Loffreda

Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)

Re: SWRL and Inconsistency

Martin O'Connor
The latest 3.5 alpha release has a Drools back end, which does not require a license so is distributed with Protege.

cf. https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/2012-April/018441.html

Martin

Re: SWRL and Inconsistency

Gianluigi Loffreda
I just downloaded the last 3.5 alpha for Windows 64 bit version.

Unfortunately when I just launch the installation it stops with the followin message:

"Selezionare un altra posizione per estrarre il programma di"

that means:

"Select another folder to extract the program of"

with a Browse button which allows to select a different folder but with no other effects.

Is there a problem of Language? Or should I download the x86 version?

Thanks

Gianluigi
Gianluigi Loffreda

Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)

Re: SWRL and Inconsistency

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
On 4/17/2012 4:00 AM, Gianluigi Loffreda wrote:

> I just downloaded the last 3.5 alpha for Windows 64 bit version.
>
> Unfortunately when I just launch the installation it stops with the followin
> message:
>
> "Selezionare un altra posizione per estrarre il programma di"
>
> that means:
>
> "Select another folder to extract the program of"

Thank you for reporting this issue, which we were able to reproduce
here.  It seems that there is a problem with the installer files for the
Mac and 64 bit Windows 7 in the current 3.5 alpha build on our site.
We're in the process of trying to get a new build deployed.  In the mean
time, if you wanted to check out the previous 3.5 alpha build, it's
available here:

http://protege.cim3.net/download/old-releases/3.5%20alphas/build-643/

Jennifer