SWRL and Jess Rules - Properties Domain lost

SWRL and Jess Rules - Properties Domain lost

Gianluigi Loffreda
Hi,

I have a problem with SWRL and Jess Rules
I wrote some simple rules in SWRL and I installed Jess to infer on my ontology.
Whenever I launch the reasoner, it correctly acts on the properties values, but for some reason, if I launch again the reasoner it delete many (not all) the domains and range of several properties (Object or Datatype).

It put OWL Thing as Domain and nothing for Range.

So I have to re-define all the domains and ranges of the affected properties.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks

Gianluigi

Gianluigi Loffreda

Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)

Re: SWRL and Jess Rules - Properties Domain lost

Martin O'Connor

Which version of Protege are you using? What do you mean by “launch the reasoner”?

Are you using the following instructions?

Martin

On Jun 23, 2015, at 7:55 AM, Gianluigi Loffreda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with SWRL and Jess Rules
I wrote some simple rules in SWRL and I installed Jess to infer on my ontology.
Whenever I launch the reasoner, it correctly acts on the properties values, but for some reason, if I launch again the reasoner it delete many (not all) the domains and range of several properties (Object or Datatype).

It put OWL Thing as Domain and nothing for Range.

So I have to re-define all the domains and ranges of the affected properties.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks

Gianluigi

Re: SWRL and Jess Rules - Properties Domain lost

Gianluigi Loffreda
Potete 3.5
I open The swrl rules tab
Click on j button on top right
Then owl+swrl to Jess
Then run Jess
Then Jess to owl

The effect (other than values changes according to defined rules) is the domain and range empty fields.

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 23/giu/2015, alle ore 17:46, Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

[...]

The inference process should only add inferred axioms to the source OWL ontology. It should not modify existing axioms.

Can you send me an example ontology that exhibits the problem.

Martin

On Jun 23, 2015, at 9:22 AM, Gianluigi Loffreda <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thank you Martin for your support. How can I send you the sample ontology?
Do I have to send it to the mailing list? Does it accept attachments?

Many thanks

Gianluigi

Gianluigi Loffreda
INGEGNERE - DOTTORE DI RICERCA

Via Lorenzo Vidaschi, 45 - 00152 Roma
tel: (+39) 06 45439660
mob: (+39) 340 7582251

[...]

Thank you very much.

Gianluigi

Gianluigi Loffreda
INGEGNERE - DOTTORE DI RICERCA

Via Lorenzo Vidaschi, 45 - 00152 Roma
tel: (+39) 06 45439660
mob: (+39) 340 7582251

You can send it directly to me.

Martin

On Jun 24, 2015, at 1:35 AM, Gianluigi Loffreda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you Martin for your support. How can I send you the sample ontology?
Do I have to send it to the mailing list? Does it accept attachments?

Many thanks

Gianluigi

Gianluigi Loffreda
INGEGNERE - DOTTORE DI RICERCA

Via Lorenzo Vidaschi, 45 - 00152 Roma
tel: <a href="tel:%28%2B39%29%2006%2045439660" value="+390645439660" target="_blank">(+39) 06 45439660
mob: <a href="tel:%28%2B39%29%20340%207582251" value="+393407582251" target="_blank">(+39) 340 7582251

[...]

AttributeAssigmentRule3.repository (36 bytes) Download Attachment
AttributeAssigmentRule3.owl (28K) Download Attachment
AttributeAssigmentRule3.pprj (238K) Download Attachment