SWRL and Protege 4.3

Gianluigi Loffreda
Hi all,
I have an ontology developed with 3.4.8 version with several SWRL rules.
I tried to translate that version to the new one but with many issues.

I created a new tab called SWRL and loaded the Ontology View Rules.
Then I copied the rules I wrote in SWRL and I noticed that, selecting the Pellet Reasoner, rules that infer on Classes seems to work.
SWRL Rules that "work" on Datatype Properties seems to work "in an hidden way" but no inferences appear in the Property assertions.

If I try to Start the reasoner again it says that the ontology is not consistent because of multiple datatype values in a functional datatype property.

I supposed that this means that the SWRL rule is correctly working but I can't see the reasoning results.

For instance, this is one of the rule I'm using:

Product(?p), has_length(?p, ?l), has_width(?p, ?w), multiply(?a, ?l, ?w) -> area(?p, ?a)

It should simply assign to the datatype property area the value obtained as product of width and length of the product instance.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks,

Gianluigi

Gianluigi Loffreda

Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)

Re: SWRL and Protege 4.3

Hi Gianluigi,

You perhaps need to enable Preferences -> Displayed Individual Inferences -> Data Property Assertions.  You should then see something like this….

You can also write a query in the DL query tab

area value 12

will retrieve individuals with the specified area of 12.

area some integer [ > 10]

will retrieve individuals with an area greater than 10.

On 15 Apr 2014, at 10:05, Gianluigi Loffreda <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Matthew,

I was pretty sure there was something like that hidden in the pref.
Many thanks for your time.

Gianluigi

Gianluigi Loffreda

INGEGNERE - DOTTORE DI RICERCA

[hidden email]
mob - (+39) 340-7582251

Il giorno 15/apr/2014, alle ore 20:26, Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Hi Gianluigi,

You perhaps need to enable Preferences -> Displayed Individual Inferences -> Data Property Assertions.  You should then see something like this….

<PastedGraphic-1.png>