Saving Protege project as an OWL ontology.

Saving Protege project as an OWL ontology.

Marisa Santos Amaro

Hi all.

I´ve exported a non-OWL project to OWL format using file >> export to format >> OWL and Protégé don´t showed any problem, such as follow:

Saving C:\Arquivos de programas\Protege_3.1_beta\PatentesMilitaresV3OWL

... saving successful.

The original project(non-OWL) had some queries and instances entered and it had been configured for enabling QueriesTab option. After this, when I use file >> open project >> all files >> and selected the owl file that was produced by the export, Protégé crashs with messages below.

SEVERE: Error loading instances -- edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.ParseException: Encountered

"<?xml" at line 1, column 1.

Was expecting one of:

<EOF>

"(" ...

";+" ...

at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.Parser.generateParseException(Unknown Source)

at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.Parser.jj_consume_token(Unknown Source)

at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.Parser.parseKnowledgeBase(Unkn

.. ….

.. ….

SEVERE: no project instance -- Project.getProjectInstance()

INFO: Project load time for file:/C:/Arquivos%20de%20programas/Protege_3.1_beta/PatentesMilitaresV3OWL: 0 sec

java.lang.NullPointerException at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.ui.SWRLProjectPlugin.adjustWidgets(SWRLProjectPlugin.java:32)

After exporting, I just can open the OWL file using Create New Project >> Create from existing sources >> OWL Files >> select the OWL file which was exported , language=RDF/XML ABBREV, language profile=OWL-DL and OWL Classes View=Logic. Using this way to open OWL file, I can edit it, enable QueriesTab (Project >> Configure), execute queries and put them on a library, but all changes about Queries are lost after saving/closing project OWL and the project doesn´t show the Queries tab as it is opened again.

Please, any help will be well received !!!

--
      Marisa de Oliveira Santos Amaro
             Capitão-de-Fragata ( T )
Diretoria de Finanças da Marinha - DFM

Re: Saving Protege project as an OWL ontology.

Rinke Hoekstra-3
Hi Marisa,

Unfortunately, you cannot load an owl file directly. You need to use the
import mechanism to do this, or create a new OWL Project from file. (See
the tutorial)

Hope this helps,

-Rinke

Marisa Santos Amaro wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I´ve exported a non-OWL project to OWL format using file >> export to
> format >> OWL and Protégé don´t showed any problem, such as follow:
>
> Saving C:\Arquivos de programas\Protege_3.1_beta\PatentesMilitaresV3OWL
>
> ... saving successful.
>
> The original project(non-OWL) had some queries and instances entered and
> it had been configured for enabling QueriesTab option. After this, when
> I use file >> open project >> all files >> and selected the owl file
> that was produced by the export, Protégé crashs with messages below.
>
> *
>
> SEVERE: Error loading instances --
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.ParseException: Encountered
>
> * "<?xml" at line 1, column 1.
>
> Was expecting one of:
>
> <EOF>
>
> "(" ...
>
> ";+" ...
>
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.Parser.generateParseException(Unknown
> Source)
>
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.Parser.jj_consume_token(Unknown
> Source)
>
> at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.Parser.parseKnowledgeBase(Unkn
>
> *
>
> .. ….
>
> .. ….
>
> SEVERE: no project instance -- Project.getProjectInstance()
>
> *
>
> INFO: Project load time for
> file:/C:/Arquivos%20de%20programas/Protege_3.1_beta/PatentesMilitaresV3OWL:
> 0 sec
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.ui.SWRLProjectPlugin.adjustWidgets(SWRLProjectPlugin.java:32)
>

> After exporting, I just can open the OWL file using Create New Project
>  >> Create from existing sources >> OWL Files >> select the OWL file
> which was exported , language=RDF/XML ABBREV, language profile=OWL-DL
> and OWL Classes View=Logic. Using this way to open OWL file, I can edit
> it, enable QueriesTab (Project >> Configure), execute queries and put
> them on a library, but all changes about Queries are lost after
> saving/closing project OWL and the project doesn´t show the Queries tab
> as it is opened again.
>
> Please, any help will be well received !!!
>

> --
>       Marisa de Oliveira Santos Amaro
>              Capitão-de-Fragata ( T )
>      Superintendente de Infra-estrutura e
>    Serviços de Tecnologia da Informação
> Diretoria de Finanças da Marinha - DFM

--
--------------------------------------
Rinke Hoekstra         [hidden email]

Re: Saving Protege project as an OWL ontology.

Matthew Horridge
Hi Marisa and Rinke,

> Unfortunately, you cannot load an owl file directly.

You will be able to soon :)

> [...]
>> language profile=OWL-DL and OWL Classes View=Logic. Using this way
>> to open OWL file, I can edit it, enable QueriesTab (Project >>
>> Configure), execute queries and put them on a library, but all
>> changes about Queries are lost after saving/closing project OWL
>> and the project doesn´t show the Queries tab as it is opened again.
>> Please, any help will be well received !!!
>> --
>>       Marisa de Oliveira Santos Amaro
>>              Capitão-de-Fragata ( T )
>>      Superintendente de Infra-estrutura e
>>    Serviços de Tecnologia da Informação
>> Diretoria de Finanças da Marinha - DFM

> Rinke Hoekstra         [hidden email]
> T: +31-20-5253499    F: +31-20-5253495
> Leibniz Center for Law,    Law Faculty
> University of Amsterdam,   PO Box 1030
> 1000 BA  Amsterdam,    The Netherlands

Re: Saving Protege project as an OWL ontology.

Ok, Rinke.
I decided to create a new OWL project and rewriting the queries.

Thank you very much.
Marisa.

Marisa Santos Amaro wrote:

> [...]
> saving/closing project OWL and the project doesn´t show the Queries tab
> as it is opened again.
>
> Please, any help will be well received !!!
>

> --
>       Marisa de Oliveira Santos Amaro
>              Capitão-de-Fragata ( T )
>      Superintendente de Infra-estrutura e
>    Serviços de Tecnologia da Informação
> Diretoria de Finanças da Marinha - DFM

--
--------------------------------------
Rinke Hoekstra         [hidden email]
T: +31-20-5253499    F: +31-20-5253495
Leibniz Center for Law,    Law Faculty
University of Amsterdam,   PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,    The Netherlands

      Marisa de Oliveira Santos Amaro
             Capitão-de-Fragata ( T )
     Superintendente de Infra-estrutura e
   Serviços de Tecnologia da Informação
Diretoria de Finanças da Marinha - DFM

Re: Saving Protege project as an OWL ontology.

Editing OWL without conversion. Great news !!
Thanks,
Marisa.

Hi Marisa and Rinke,