Saving an inferred view ontology

Campbell, James R
I have twice experienced hung Protege processes when trying to use "Export inferred axioms as ontology", in each case on the step shown below "Exporting inferred ontology sub object properties".
Help!
Jim Campbell

The information in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete it and immediately contact the sender.

Re: Saving an inferred view ontology

Dave McComb-2

Very often the check boxes on the view right before your ran this drives how long it takes

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Saving an inferred view ontology

Campbell, James R
I have tried OWL functional syntax, RDF/XML, Manchester OWL syntax and nothing works.  Checking the command window, I see that there are exceptions logged.
Jim

Very often the check boxes on the view right before your ran this drives how long it takes

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Saving an inferred view ontology

Michael DeBellis-2
What are you checking for the two check boxes titled "Select Axioms to Export" and "Include Asserted Axioms"?  There are some boxes, I think on the Select Axioms but perhaps on both that if you check them you will get a warning that it may take a long time to do the export. In my experience it can happen (not often but it has happened) even with ontologies that aren't very large that if I check all the boxes it will cause my machine to hang and never terminate.

Although from the error message it looks to me as if there is a type error, that the reasoner is encountering what looks to me like an xsd:dateTime string when it's expecting an integer. Although, that should cause an error when you run the reasoner rather than just when you go to export.

Michael