Sharing Ontologies on Web Protege

Michael DeBellis-2
I'm publishing a paper in Semantics 2018 about my ontology and including a link to the ontology in Web Protege. Currently I have the ontology set up so that the public can view and comment on it. I would also like to enable them to download the ontology via Web Protege if that's possible. Can that be done?

I see that if I click on the ontologies that I own in the list that comes up when I login that I can download them. However, when I login as someone else (I created a test guest account to make sure the sharing was working) I don't see a way to download the ontology. Is there a way to let the public download an ontology from Web Protege or can only the owner do that?

Also, there used to be a list of the public ontologies on Web Protege. I don't see that anymore, have you decided to do away with that?

Re: Sharing Ontologies on Web Protege

Hi Michael,

The ontology should be downloadable from the “History” tab.  Click on the revision number and a popup menu will be displayed that allows the particular revision to be downloaded (see screenshot below).  I guess we ought to provide some kind of direct download link on the project menu though.  I’ll file an issue for this.

In answer to your second question, you’re correct – we did away with the public ontologies list.