Show properties of a class with protégé 3.2

Show properties of a class with protégé 3.2

Francisco Javier Salas
Hi,

How can I view all properties of a Class with Protégé 3.2? In other versions it was possible in the "OWLClasses Tab", but now this option doesn't exist.

regards

.javi

Re: [protege-owl] Show properties of a class with protégé 3.2

Nick Drummond
Javi,

Sorry, not sure what you mean by all properties. Which in particular?
You can configure the form for classes (press the F button on the top
right) to show anything you want.
This should work as it always has.

Nick

--

Nick Drummond

RE: [protege-owl] Re: [protege-owl] Show properties of a class with protégé 3.2

Francisco Javier Salas
Hi nick:

From protege 3.2 releases notes:

"The OWL classes tab has been simplified by moving the properties tree from
the logic view. This provides more room for the conditions widget. The
properties tree can now be found on the properties view."

There was a property tree of the class selected in Protege 3.1. How can I
view all the properties related with a class now? Because there are not a
propertie tree in the "properties tab". It's a different view (you can view
the classes related with a property, not all properties of a class)

Thanks,

--

Nick Drummond

Re: [protege-owl] Show properties of a class with protégé 3.2

Nick Drummond
Javi,

There's currently a bug (that has been fixed) where the switch between
"logic view" and "properties view" at the bottom of the classes tab is
not visible. This will be fixed in the next build (hopefully tomorrow -
we're currently moving all our source code so please bear with us).

--

Nick Drummond

Re: [protege-owl] RE: [protege-owl] Re: [protege-owl] Show properties of a class with protégé 3.2

Matthew Horridge
Hi Javi,

Please just bear in mind that the properties that appear in the
properties tree are not "properties of a class".  They are only
"properties of the class" if they appear in the conditions widget
(on the logic view) - i.e if there is a restriction along the
property in question.  The reason for this is that the properties
tree displays properties whose domain contains the selected class.
For example suppose property p has a domain of class A.  If I select
A in the classes tab, the properties tree will show p in the list of
properties.  This does *not* mean that instances of class A have a
property p.  What it does mean is that if I have an individual with a
p relationship, then it will be inferred to be a member of class A --
big difference.  The only way to make instances of class A have a p
property, is by adding an existential restriction e.g.  "p some
owl:Thing" on class A.