Slow response

Koen Janssens
Dear All,

(Using Protege version 5.2.0 on Arch Linux)

I am developing an ontology, with 13 classes and around 6000 individuals
(below more counts).

When I am trying to change (adding, deleting, modifying) anything (a
class, individual, annotations,...) it takes around 5 seconds to save
and show. The interface is unresponsive during this period. When I
remove all the individuals to reduce the amount of axioms, the changes
are effective immediately...

I already have tried different heap sizes of 2G, 4G or 8G (my system has
16Gb), with no change... I also don't have a reasoner running...

Any ideas on how to solve this, because it is quite annoying to wait 5
seconds after each change I make.

Best regards,
Koen

Axiom    45364
Logical axiom count    27856
Declaration axioms count    5936
Class count    13
Object property count    9
Data property count    1
Individual count    5914
Annotation Property count    3
DL expressivity    ALCHIF(D)

ClassAssertion    5914
ObjectPropertyAssertion    15983
DataPropertyAssertion    5913
NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion    0
NegativeDataPropertyAssertion    0
SameIndividual    0
DifferentIndividuals    0

Re: Slow response

Hi Koen,

Are you able to post your ontology (or a link to it) to the list or send it to me privately?  It’s hard to figure out what’s going on without looking at it.

> On 14 Apr 2017, at 03:11, Janssens, Koen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> (Using Protege version 5.2.0 on Arch Linux)
>
> I am developing an ontology, with 13 classes and around 6000 individuals
> (below more counts).
>
> When I am trying to change (adding, deleting, modifying) anything (a
> class, individual, annotations,...) it takes around 5 seconds to save
> and show. The interface is unresponsive during this period. When I
> remove all the individuals to reduce the amount of axioms, the changes
> are effective immediately...
>
> I already have tried different heap sizes of 2G, 4G or 8G (my system has
> 16Gb), with no change... I also don't have a reasoner running...
>
> Any ideas on how to solve this, because it is quite annoying to wait 5
> seconds after each change I make.
>
> Best regards,
> Koen
>
> Axiom    45364