Sorting asserted instances failed

Nicole-6
Hi,
we're a project group using Protege 3.2 beta. Now a problem occured.
The sorting doesn't work concerning the asserted instances (inferred no problem)
in the instance browser. We're using experimental native writer.

After changing the settings (activate sort resources alphabetically) the sorting
just works in one case: saving and re-opening the file.
During entry the sorting doesn't function.

Is there any chance to solve this problem?
Which preference is responsible in this case?

For information: Our project group is just posting one file to each other, we
edit the file one by one.

Thanks in advance

Nicole

Re: Sorting asserted instances failed

Nick Drummond
Nicole,

In the most recent version (soon to be released) the asserted
individuals in the individuals tab appear to be ordering automatically.
Do you use an alternate browser slot or other device that might be
causing problems?

Nick

Nicole wrote:

>Hi,
>we're a project group using Protege 3.2 beta. Now a problem occured.
>The sorting doesn't work concerning the asserted instances (inferred no problem)
>in the instance browser. We're using experimental native writer.
>
>After changing the settings (activate sort resources alphabetically) the sorting
>just works in one case: saving and re-opening the file.
>During entry the sorting doesn't function.
>
>Is there any chance to solve this problem?
>Which preference is responsible in this case?
>
>For information: Our project group is just posting one file to each other, we
>edit the file one by one.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Nicole

Nick Drummond

Re: Sorting asserted instances failed

Matthew Horridge
Hi Nicole,

> we're a project group using Protege 3.2 beta. Now a problem occured.
> The sorting doesn't work concerning the asserted instances
> (inferred no problem)
> in the instance browser. We're using experimental native writer.
> After changing the settings (activate sort resources
> alphabetically) the sorting
> just works in one case: saving and re-opening the file.
> During entry the sorting doesn't function.

The settings for the writer only affect the formatting of OWL files,
they do not have any effect on the ordering of individuals in the
user interface.

> Is there any chance to solve this problem?

So are you saying that lists of individuals in the individuals tab
aren't sorted alphabetically? (They seem to be on my system).

Nick Drummond <nick.drummond <at> cs.manchester.ac.uk> writes:

> Nicole,
>
> In the most recent version (soon to be released) the asserted
> individuals in the individuals tab appear to be ordering automatically.
> Do you use an alternate browser slot or other device that might be
> causing problems?

Hi Nick,
we're using no alternative browser slot or anything like this.

Thanks

Nicole

Re: Sorting asserted instances failed

Nick Drummond
Then this should work with the latest - I believe we have a release
sometime in the middle of the week.

Let us know if it still does not behave as you expect.

Nick

Nicole wrote:

>Nick Drummond <nick.drummond <at> cs.manchester.ac.uk> writes:
>

>>Nicole,
>>
>>In the most recent version (soon to be released) the asserted
>>individuals in the individuals tab appear to be ordering automatically.
>>Do you use an alternate browser slot or other device that might be
>>causing problems?
>>

>Hi Nick,
>we're using no alternative browser slot or anything like this.
>
>Thanks
>
>Nicole

Nick Drummond

Re: Sorting asserted instances failed

Nicole-6
Nick Drummond <nick.drummond <at> cs.manchester.ac.uk> writes:

> Then this should work with the latest - I believe we have a release
> sometime in the middle of the week.
>
> Let us know if it still does not behave as you expect.
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,

the latest version (Build 243) does not behave as expected. I think, I've
identified the problem. The classes are not able to sort more than 1000
instances. If you enter more than 1000 instances then the automatic sorting
doesn't work. Is there a restriction on the GUI widget concerning the asserted
instances?

Thanks

Nicole

Re: Sorting asserted instances failed

Nick Drummond
Nicole,

I'll add this to the bug list and investigate. Thanks for the info.

Nick

Nicole wrote:

>Nick Drummond <nick.drummond <at> cs.manchester.ac.uk> writes:
>

>>Then this should work with the latest - I believe we have a release
>>sometime in the middle of the week.
>>
>>Let us know if it still does not behave as you expect.
>>
>>Nick
>>

>Hi Nick,
>
>the latest version (Build 243) does not behave as expected. I think, I've
>identified the problem. The classes are not able to sort more than 1000
>instances. If you enter more than 1000 instances then the automatic sorting
>doesn't work. Is there a restriction on the GUI widget concerning the asserted
>instances?
>
>Thanks
>
>Nicole

Nick Drummond