Startup

David C. Hay

This is getting boring…

I just downloaded the excellent article on the Pizza exercise and went to fire up Protégé to follow it.

Protégé won’t start.

I get the system screen (attached here in two pieces), and one call for a plug-in to be installed…

And then nothing else.

Can any of you tell from this system dialogue what is wrong?

Thanks!

Dave

ESSENTIAL STRATEGIES INTERNATIONAL

Reply to:

[hidden email]

Things are more like they are now

Than they ever were before.

-          Dwight Eisenhower

1604120.jPG (307K) Download Attachment
1604120-2.jPG (250K) Download Attachment
1604120 FactPlus Plugin.jPG (152K) Download Attachment

Re: Startup

giulianimartini
Hi,

I didn't see anything wrong with the screenshots.
Are you sure Protege is not open? Did you look if it isn't minimized?
About the plugin, you can click on "not now" for this moment and go ahead with Protege.

Good luck!

Best Regards,

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 4:59 PM, David C Hay <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is getting boring…

I just downloaded the excellent article on the Pizza exercise and went to fire up Protégé to follow it.

Protégé won’t start.

I get the system screen (attached here in two pieces), and one call for a plug-in to be installed…

And then nothing else.

Can any of you tell from this system dialogue what is wrong?

Thanks!

Dave

ESSENTIAL STRATEGIES INTERNATIONAL

Reply to:

[hidden email]

Things are more like they are now

Than they ever were before.

-          Dwight Eisenhower

Ricardo G. Martini, MsC.
Doutorando em Informática
Programa Doutoral em Informática (PDInf)
Centro Algoritmi
Universidade do Minho (UMinho) - Braga, Portugal

Mestre em Computação - Universidade Federal de Santa Maria (UFSM)
Santa Maria, RS, Brasil
Lattes CV: http://lattes.cnpq.br/8710772034085679

Re: Startup

Dave McComb-2
I don't know what the right answer is , but I had same thing, go to the plug ins folder and delete the fact ++ jar, and whenever it asks if you want it say no.  There probably is a way to make this work but there are plenty of other good reasoners.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2016, at 09:00, David C Hay <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is getting boring…

I just downloaded the excellent article on the Pizza exercise and went to fire up Protégé to follow it.

Protégé won’t start.

I get the system screen (attached here in two pieces), and one call for a plug-in to be installed…

And then nothing else.

Can any of you tell from this system dialogue what is wrong?

Thanks!

Dave

ESSENTIAL STRATEGIES INTERNATIONAL

Reply to:

[hidden email]

Things are more like they are now

Than they ever were before.

-          Dwight Eisenhower

<1604120.jPG>
<1604120-2.jPG>
<1604120 FactPlus Plugin.jPG>

Re: Startup

Wynne, Robert (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C]

You could try HermiT or Pellet.  My personal preference is Pellet, but HermiT is also very good.

HTH,

Rob