TABLE DEFINITION NOT FOUND ERROR WHEN I START REASONER

TABLE DEFINITION NOT FOUND ERROR WHEN I START REASONER

Gokul

Re: TABLE DEFINITION NOT FOUND ERROR WHEN I START REASONER

Michael DeBellis-2
I found your ontology to be very confusing. I’m not surprised the Reasoner gave you an error. From my brief look I think you should throw away what you’ve done and start again after you understand OWL concepts better. Have you done the Pizza tutorial? That will explain the basics of OWL.

For example in image 2 you have classes like Moisture, Air, and Species to be subclasses of Soil. In OWL classes are sets and subclasses are subsets. So you are saying that Air is a subset of Soil. Subclasses of Soil should be various kinds of Soil, so TopSoil, PollutedSoil, PermafrostSoil, might be reasonable subclasses but Air and Species make no sense.

On image 3 you have the range of Consist_of to be the intersection of Humidity, Soil, Location, and Temperature. Intersection means the same as in set theory (in fact all of OWL is based on set theory, it’s a good idea to refresh or learn the basic concepts of set theory to get the most out of OWL). So you are saying for something to be the value of Consist-of it must be an instance of ALL those classes. I think what you want is to make a superclass of those classes and make that superclass the range.

My advice is do the Pizza tutorial, then throw away that ontology and start again. Also, on my blog at this page: https://symbolicshacker.blogspot.com/2017/06/swrl-process-modeling-tutorial.html you will find a PDF that is the first chapter of a book. The book is on Linguistics but the first chapter is Basic Concepts of Set Theory. IMO it’s a very good refresher or intro to set theory and will help new users get the most out of OWL.

Hope that helps.

Michael

On Nov 12, 2018, at 10:54 PM, Gokul <[hidden email]> wrote:

<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376923/1.jpg>
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376923/2.jpg>
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376923/3.jpg>
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376923/4.jpg>
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376923/5.jpg>
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376923/7.jpg>
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376923/8.jpg>
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376923/Untitled.jpg>

Sir/Madam

I receive a error when i start onTop reasoner(Error: Table definition not
found). I have attached screen shot for your reference. Kindly help me out