TR: DL Query Tab in WebProtege

silviu braga-2
<base href="x-msg://184/">

Hi,

I have a problem in Protegé4.2 and 4.3 :

Both HermiT and FaCT are not functioning ; I get the message :

The log for HermiT

The log for Fact

Many Thanks

Silviu

Do you have some news for Reasoning and DL Query in WebProtege?

Dr. Silviu Braga

IT Project Manager

Société Scientifique de Médecine Générale

Belgique

www.ssmg.be

Tel. 080.548.444

Re: TR: DL Query Tab in WebProtege

Pavel Klinov
Silviu,

Your ontology violates the OWL 2 global restrictions, namely, the restriction on use of non-simple object properties (see 11.2 in the spec [1]). Roughly speaking, only properties which are not transitive, not defined using property chains, and not having such non-simple sub-properties, can be used in certain class constructors, e.g., cardinality restrictions.

So your ontology is not OWL 2 DL, which is what the reasoners report.

Cheers,
Pavel