Tab view config

Nico Matentzoglu
Hey all,

I just migrated my plugin to Protege 5 RC2. I have a tab in the project (it is located in the root of the JAR file) called whatif-tools-tab.layout.xml.

This is in my plugin.xml:

 <extension id="InferenceInspectorTab" point="org.protege.editor.core.application.WorkspaceTab">
<label value="Inference Inspector"/>
<class value="org.protege.editor.core.application.WorkspaceTab"/>
<index value="Y"/>
<editorKitId value="OWLEditorKit"/>
<defaultViewConfigFileName value="whatif-tools-tab.layout.xml"/>
   </extension>

The plugin runs ok after the migration, but when I try to click on the tab, I get:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.protege.editor.core.application.WorkspaceTab not found by inference.inspector [24]
        at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1556) ~[org.apache.felix.main.jar:na]
        at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:77) ~[org.apache.felix.main.jar:na] (...)

All the other resource (images, icons etc) work fine. I have already recreated the tab in Protege 5 RC2, exported it and added it to the project, to no avail.

I am sure its a stupid mistake, but I just cant see it :)

All best,
Nico

Re: Tab view config

Rafael Gonçalves
Hey Nico,

What dependencies does the plugin have? It seems that you’re missing the protege-editor-core dependency, or the package is not in the manifest. Feel free to post (fragments of) the build file here or privately and I can have a look.

Cheers,
Rafael

> On May 24, 2016, at 03:36, Nico Matentzoglu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey all,
>
> I just migrated my plugin to Protege 5 RC2. I have a tab in the project (it is located in the root of the JAR file) called whatif-tools-tab.layout.xml.
>
> This is in my plugin.xml:
>
>  <extension id="InferenceInspectorTab" point="org.protege.editor.core.application.WorkspaceTab">
> <label value="Inference Inspector"/>
> <class value="org.protege.editor.core.application.WorkspaceTab"/>
> <index value="Y"/>
> <editorKitId value="OWLEditorKit"/>
> <defaultViewConfigFileName value="whatif-tools-tab.layout.xml"/>
>    </extension>
>
> The plugin runs ok after the migration, but when I try to click on the tab, I get:
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.protege.editor.core.application.WorkspaceTab not found by inference.inspector [24]
>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1556) ~[org.apache.felix.main.jar:na]
>         at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:77) ~[org.apache.felix.main.jar:na] (...)
>
> All the other resource (images, icons etc) work fine. I have already recreated the tab in Protege 5 RC2, exported it and added it to the project, to no avail.
>
> I am sure its a stupid mistake, but I just cant see it :)
>
> All best,
> Nico

Re: Tab view config

Hi Nico,

I’m not sure what you mean by “it is located the root of the JAR file”.  Please can you clarify this for me?

From the error message below it looks like you might have some problem with OSGi settings.  How are you building your plugin?