Testig for disjointness

Matt Williams-9
Dear List,

Is there a way to test if two classes are disjoint? I have defined two
classes, which I think should be disjoint (according to their
definitions), but I'm not sure how to check.

Thanks,

Matt

P.S. Pref. via the GUI, but if it's an API call, that's ok as well.

Re: Testig for disjointness

Olivier Dameron
Hello Matt

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:46:16 +0000, Matt Williams
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to test if two classes are disjoint? I have defined two
> classes, which I think should be disjoint (according to their
> definitions), but I'm not sure how to check.

Make a probe class that would be a subclass of both and classify. If
your probe class turns out to be inconsistent, then indeed your two
classes are disjoint.

I hope this helps,
Olivier