Tools to convert JSON to OWL?

Michael DeBellis-2
I have a large JSON file that I want to transform into an OWL ontology. The JSON file is currently used to define data for a large system.

Re: Tools to convert JSON to OWL?

Chris Mungall-2
Difficult to say without knowing either the characteristics of the JSON
or the OWL ontology. Is the target a simple taxonomy or will there be
lots of complex TBox axioms?

Can you do this with a JSON-LD context (possibly followed by some SPARQL
rewrites)?

Maybe the JSON can be flattened and then one of the various table-to-OWL
transforms can be used?

If not you're likely looking to write some code in a JVM language using
the OWLAPI