Topic: Visualize Protege Individuals

John Alsterda
Sir or Ma'am,

Respectfully request the following call for assistance be added to the Protege mailing list.

Oops, my first message was rejected b/c I sent from the wrong email!  Sorry.

____________________________
Topic: Visualize Protege Individuals

Greetings Protege Community,

I'm working on a Protege-5 Ontology on Ubuntu 16.04, and would like to visualize Individuals in my data.

I've tried the following:
  • OWLViz - Very pretty, but doesn't appear to support individuals
  • SOVA - Advertised to support Individuals, but doesn't appear to support Protege-5
  • OntoGraf - Displays individuals, but doesn't scale well to large ontologies.
Any guidance would be highly appreciated!  Maybe I should try SOVA via Protege-4?

Furthermore, If anyone in my area is willing to meet briefly (or chat remotely), I will buy coffee!   I'm a student at Stanford (Mechanical Engineering) new to ontology and semantics.

Respectfully, John

Re: Topic: Visualize Protege Individuals

samsontu

On Aug 7, 2018, at 12:38 PM, John Alsterda <[hidden email]> wrote:

...___________________________
Topic: Visualize Protege Individuals

Greetings Protege Community,

I'm working on a Protege-5 Ontology on Ubuntu 16.04, and would like to visualize Individuals in my data.

I've tried the following:
  • OWLViz - Very pretty, but doesn't appear to support individuals
  • SOVA - Advertised to support Individuals, but doesn't appear to support Protege-5
  • OntoGraf - Displays individuals, but doesn't scale well to large ontologies.
Any guidance would be highly appreciated!  Maybe I should try SOVA via Protege-4?

Had you looked at OWLGrEd [1]? It may also have scalability problem.

Unless you need the visualization in the Protege environment, you may want to take advantage of the fact that OWL is a standard and you can use other tools. For example, Stardog support Tableau [2]. That seems to be an industrial-strength tool.

With best regards,
Samson

p.s. Disclaimer: I have not used OWLGrEd or Tableau myself.