Tricky Problems of Rules Tab and SWRLTAB

Tricky Problems of Rules Tab and SWRLTAB

刘栋在线
Hi,
For me, the behaviors of Rules Tab and SWRLTab are hard to understand. Here is the detail process I tried.
If I define rules in SWRLTab, the rule tab automatically copy the rules into its content. While the syntax is a litter different. For example, I define the following rule in SWRL
dataprop1(?p, ?dataprop) ^ swrlb:add(?x, ?dataprop, 10) -> dataprop2(?p, ?x)
it will be transformed as
Rule: dataprop1(?p, ?x), swrlb:add(?y, ?x, 10) -> dataprop2(?p, ?y)
Unfortunately, the rule tab can not parse the swrlb:add, at least the red line under the swrlb:add, no matter if I import the swrlb ontology and define the prefix. Ok, I changed the "swrlb:add" as "add", according to the hint when I move the mouse to the red line. The red line disappeared. I am not sure if it's OK for the RuleTab to excute the rule. The result shows that only the rules for Object Property are executed. I can not have the rule of calculation executed.

Here is my question.
If the reasoner is started in the same time SWRLTab's rules are executed, I think the result will be mixed up.
How can I disable the automatic synchronization of RuleTab and SWRLTab?
Does RuleTab have all the functions that SWRLTab has?
Since the SWRLTab Execution will add the inferred ontologies to the original ontologies, is there a method to distinguish the asserted and inferred ontologies in the final results?
I attached the test ontology and the screen copy.

Thanks.
Dong Liu
Wuhan University

Individuals.png (123K) Download Attachment
RuleTab.png (124K) Download Attachment
RuleTab_Hints.png (105K) Download Attachment
SWRLTab.png (95K) Download Attachment
tesst.owl (16K) Download Attachment

Re: Tricky Problems of Rules Tab and SWRLTAB

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Dong,

Just a quick update. You are right. There is, indeed, a problem with the Rule editor, and I created an issue for it, based on your report and my tests:
https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/issues/660
The SWRLTab should work fine, though, and should recognize both the swrlb prefix and the SWRL built-ins. The Rules tab should also recognize the SWRL built-ins, but you have to remove the swrlb prefix when you are editing the rules that refer to such build-ins.

Also, the images that you attached to your emails did not come through correctly.

Csongor