Trigger SWRL rules in API

vitorhsb

Hello everyone,

I was experimenting Protege 4 SWRL rules capabilities and I found that by classifying the ontology with Pellet reasoner I can trigger the SWRL (DL-safe) rules in my ontology and assign new properties for an object as I would like to.

My doubt is how can I do the same by using the OWL API? I tried to follow the examples in the documentation for OWL API but I didn't managed to get the same results as in Protege 4 classify. Can you help me on this? What's the method used for the classification task?

Also, the classification takes too long, about 1 minute, to be completed. Can I reserve more memory for the application? This way it will take less time to complete this task?

Regards,

Vitor