UML diagram of protege projects

Yeda Regina Venturini

Can anybody help me?

I need to get a UML diagram for my project. I´m trying  to use the UML
or XMI Backend plug-in for export my project to XMI files and import in
other tools, like Poseidon or ArgoUML, without success. I think the
problem is with the basic classes of the protege.

Thanks,

Yeda

Re: UML diagram of protege projects

Elisa Kendall

Yeda,

We may be able to assist, depending on how large your model is.  If you
can provide some
idea of your time constraints and the size of your ontology, I'll see
what we can come up with
using an alpha parser we have.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at [hidden email].

Best regards,

Elisa

Yeda Regina Venturini wrote:

>Can anybody help me?
>
>I need to get a UML diagram for my project. I´m trying  to use the UML
>or XMI Backend plug-in for export my project to XMI files and import in
>other tools, like Poseidon or ArgoUML, without success. I think the
>problem is with the basic classes of the protege.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Yeda

Re: UML diagram of protege projects

Yeda Regina Venturini

Hi Elisa, thanks.

My ontology is very simple. It is for my Ph.D thesis.
I have some modification to make in it, and
I will be gratefull if you help me.
Can I send to your e-mail?

Thanks,

Yeda

Re: UML diagram of protege projects

Jennifer Vendetti

Yeda,

Please note that the UML and XMI back-ends were developed for an older
version of Protege (2.1.2) and have not been recompiled to work with the
latest version (3.1.1).  Also, the UML back-end only works with UML
version 1.4.  This may be why you are experiencing problems, depending
on what verison of Protege you are using.

Jennifer

Yeda Regina Venturini wrote:

>Can anybody help me?
>
>I need to get a UML diagram for my project. I´m trying  to use the UML
>or XMI Backend plug-in for export my project to XMI files and import in
>other tools, like Poseidon or ArgoUML, without success. I think the
>problem is with the basic classes of the protege.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Yeda

Re: UML diagram of protege projects

Yeda Regina Venturini

Hi Elisa,

I had success (?) using UML backend plugin with older version of Protege
(2.1).
Something was not good but ...

Thanks for all.

Yeda

Re: UML diagram of protege projects

Elisa Kendall

Hi Yeda,

Please do let me know if you need assistance going forward -- we are
working on test cases to validate
parts of the ODM mapping as well as our profile, and would be happy to help.