UMLS Tab

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

UMLS Tab

S G-9
Hi,
 
I am using protege 3.4 rc1 and I went to project-configure to select the umls tab. The tab appears with an orange square with green line around the square and when I click on the tab it doesn't show anything.  Doesn't anyone know why this tab is not working? Or can help me to get the umls to show up in protege.
 
Thanks,
 
Sarah

Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, now it's more reliable. Wow!
_______________________________________________
protege-owl mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl

Instructions for unsubscribing: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Object properties between concept from two ontologies

Leyla Jael García Castro

Hello there,

I need to build an ontology O1, which reuses some concepts already defined in another ontology O2, and defines ObjectProperties between those 2 ontologies. Can I do it without importing O2?
I have this:
...
xml:base="http://myOnto.org/O1.owl"
xmlns:o2="http://anotherOnto.org/O2.owl"
...
<owl:Class rdf:about="&o2;Concept"/>
<owl:Class rdf:about="#myConcept"/>
...
<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="#myProperty">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="&o2;Concept"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#Concept"/>
</owl:ObjectProperty>
...
Is that correct? Pellet or any other reasoner knows how to deal with it? Can I build this kind of ontology with Protégé 4? (I could not find the way to "add" classes already define in O2, I did on Notepad and it seems to load fine in Protégé but I am still not sure about it).

Best,

LJ



Windows 7: It helps you do more. Explore Windows 7.
_______________________________________________
protege-owl mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl

Instructions for unsubscribing: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: UMLS Tab

Flavio Lichtenstein
In reply to this post by S G-9
Hi Sarah,

   Are you registere in the UMLS site?
   There you must register also your IP, if your IP is dynamic you must always check and change it to use UMLS-Tab.

Flavio Lichtenstein




------------- Segue mensagem original! -------------

De: Sarah G
Data: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 02:42:59 -0400
Para: User support for the Protege-OWL editor    
Assunto: [protege-owl] UMLS Tab

Hi,
 
I am using protege 3.4 rc1 and I went to project-configure to select the umls tab. The tab appears with an orange square with green line around the square and when I click on the tab it doesn't show anything.  Doesn't anyone know why this tab is not working? Or can help me to get the umls to show up in protege.
 
Thanks,
 
Sarah

Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, now it's more reliable. Wow!


_______________________________________________
protege-owl mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl

Instructions for unsubscribing: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: UMLS Tab

S G-9
Thanks Flavio for your response. No I am not registered on the UMLS site. Is there a fee for using the UMLS and also, where would I go to register my IP?
 

From: [hidden email]
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 09:30:55 -0200
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [protege-owl] UMLS Tab

Hi Sarah,

   Are you registere in the UMLS site?
   There you must register also your IP, if your IP is dynamic you must always check and change it to use UMLS-Tab.

Flavio Lichtenstein




------------- Segue mensagem original! -------------

De: Sarah G
Data: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 02:42:59 -0400
Para: User support for the Protege-OWL editor    
Assunto: [protege-owl] UMLS Tab

Hi,
 
I am using protege 3.4 rc1 and I went to project-configure to select the umls tab. The tab appears with an orange square with green line around the square and when I click on the tab it doesn't show anything.  Doesn't anyone know why this tab is not working? Or can help me to get the umls to show up in protege.
 
Thanks,
 
Sarah

Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, now it's more reliable. Wow!



Windows 7: It helps you do more. Explore Windows 7.
_______________________________________________
protege-owl mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl

Instructions for unsubscribing: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Object properties between concept from two ontologies

Timothy Redmond
In reply to this post by Leyla Jael García Castro

I am sorry - I had thought I had responded to this but it seems my
message was never sent.

> I need to build an ontology O1, which reuses some concepts already
> defined in another ontology O2, and defines ObjectProperties between
> those 2 ontologies. Can I do it without importing O2?

There is no problem with this.  Think of an ontology as a set of
statements (called axioms) about things (owl entities).  An owl entity
is fully defined by its name and type.  You can say anything you  want
about any  owl entity in any ontology.  In particular you are not
required to import an ontology called http://myOnto.org/O1.owl in order
to talk about the class,

    http://myOnto.org/O1.owl#Concept.


-Timothy


On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 17:34 +0000, Leyla Jael García Castro wrote:

>
> Hello there,
>
> I need to build an ontology O1, which reuses some concepts already
> defined in another ontology O2, and defines ObjectProperties between
> those 2 ontologies. Can I do it without importing O2?
> I have this:
> ...
> xml:base="http://myOnto.org/O1.owl"
> xmlns:o2="http://anotherOnto.org/O2.owl"
> ...
> <owl:Class rdf:about="&o2;Concept"/>
> <owl:Class rdf:about="#myConcept"/>
> ...
> <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="#myProperty">
>     <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="&o2;Concept"/>
>     <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#Concept"/>
> </owl:ObjectProperty>
> ...
> Is that correct? Pellet or any other reasoner knows how to deal with
> it? Can I build this kind of ontology with Protégé 4? (I could not
> find the way to "add" classes already define in O2, I did on Notepad
> and it seems to load fine in Protégé but I am still not sure about
> it).
>
> Best,
>
> LJ
>
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Windows 7: It helps you do more. Explore Windows 7.
> _______________________________________________
> protege-owl mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
>
> Instructions for unsubscribing: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03

_______________________________________________
protege-owl mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl

Instructions for unsubscribing: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: UMLS Tab

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
In reply to this post by S G-9
Hello Sarah,

Sarah G wrote:
Thanks Flavio for your response. No I am not registered on the UMLS site. Is there a fee for using the UMLS and also, where would I go to register my IP?

No, there is no fee for using the UMLS.  Information about obtaining a license is available on their website:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/databases/umls.html

Jennifer


_______________________________________________
protege-owl mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl

Instructions for unsubscribing: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03