URI and Hyperlinking..

Marko Rodriguez

...Does anyone know if there is a plugin or some functionality in
Protege (3.1+) to make it so that any xsd:URI is a functioning
hyperlink?

Thanks for your time,
Marko.

--
Marko A. Rodriguez
CCS-3 Modeling, Algorithms and Informatics

Re: URI and Hyperlinking..

Paul Prueitt

Marko

of course you must know that wiki systems have the property that any word
with capitalization in the middle of the word becomes a hyperlink.  This is
setting a type of use standard...  so I conjecture that you have wanted to
apply this to something to do with OWL or RDF mediated processing.

A group I am working with is contemplating a combination of Ajax, wiki and
MIndjet Mindmanager, where automated URI's in the gui are supported.  We are
looking for others who are seeing the same path forward.

The notion is to focus on managed vocabularies having shallow RDF type
ontology as a means to mediate web service requests and responses.  The
group is extending the OASIS ebSOA standard..

By shallow, we mean a minimal number of subsumption relationship.  I am
willing to talk off line about this.

You might also check

http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema

which has about 30 really interesting plugins or near plugins

Re: URI and Hyperlinking..

samsontu

Protege comes with an URL widget that makes simple links (e.g., no pdf)
active. I don't know of anything that would make *any* xsd:UrI functional.

Samson

--
Samson Tu                    email: [hidden email]
Senior Research Scientist    web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/

Re: URI and Hyperlinking..

samsontu

The URL widget is available for string-type slot/property (including
xsd:anyURI in Protege OWL) that has max cardinality 1. Go to forms tab
of the class that has the slot/property, and configure the slot widget
of the slot/property to be the URLwidget.

SAmson