Update-1 (Corrections) : CAN'T USE THE SET THEORY TO CONFIRM REASONER'S ANALYSIS ON PAGE 86 IN PROGETEOWLTUTORIAL

Update-1 (Corrections) : CAN'T USE THE SET THEORY TO CONFIRM REASONER'S ANALYSIS ON PAGE 86 IN PROGETEOWLTUTORIAL

Dr. Kofi Nyamekye

Matthew:

I am following your PROGETEOWLTUTORIAL to build the Pizza example. On Page 86 (Exercise 55), you have the following statements about the reasoner.

Exercise 55: Use the reasoner to classify the ontology (Page 86)

1. Press the `Classify...' button in the Reasoner toolbar. After a short time, the reasoner will have computed the inferred class hierarchy, and the inferred class hierarchy pane will pop open.

The inferred class hierarchy should resemble the picture shown in Figure 6.4. As can be seen, MargheritaPizza and SohoPizza have been classi_ed as subclasses of VegetarianPizza. AmericanaPizza and AmericanHotPizza have been classified as NonVegetarianPizza. Things seemed to have worked.

I can’t verify those statements from the Set Theory. Am I missing something here?

Best Regards,

Kofi