Update_1: Protege for Modeling Reification

Update_1: Protege for Modeling Reification

Dr. Kofi Nyamekye
<base href="x-msg://305/">

Samson:

This is a Protégé-specific question. In fact Daimler Benz has used Protégé to build reified models. I am trying to use Protégé to build reified models but I don’t know which tabs to use in Protégé to build the model. Please see the attached PDF document about Daimler’s work using Protégé. According to Daimler it is not a plug-in. Once, I know which tabs to use in Protege, I can then build the models in Protégé. For example, on Page 3 of the PDF, the author shows Protégé GUI, but how do I get that GUI in Protégé.

By the way, this PDF was presented at Stanford University Conference on Protégé in 2004.

http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2004/slides/12.2_Representation%20and%20Management%20of%20Reified%20Relationships%20in%20Protege_Tania%20Tudorache.pdf

I have already seen the link “n-ary Relations” that you provided and thanks for providing it!  I understand the information theory but how to use Protégé to build the reified model as Daimler has done – in the attached PDF document --  is my problem. I need some help!

Thanks,

Kofi

Re: Update_1: Protege for Modeling Reification

Steve Wartik
Kofi,

That presentation shows the GUI of a version of Protege from many years ago. Do not expect to replicate it when you use Protege 4. That said, you will find that the Classes, Object Properties, and Datatype Properties tabs in the current version provide you with the capabilities necessary to create reified relationships.

Steve

Re: Update_1: Protege for Modeling Reification

Dr. Kofi Nyamekye
Steve:

Thanks  for the information.