User quotes for our new Protege website

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Dear Protege Community,

We are in the process of redesigning our website and are interested in
featuring quotes on how people use the Protege and/or WebProtege
applications in their work.  If you'd like to help out and are
interested in being featured on our new website, please send the
following information to Jennifer ([hidden email]):

1).  A description of how you use Protege and/or WebProtege.  Please
keep the description very brief, preferably no more than two or three
sentences.

2).  Your name, title, and affiliation.

We'll accept quotes through Friday, October 18th.  Please note that we
are unable to guarantee that all quotes will be used.

Many thanks!

Best Regards,
The Protege Team

Re: User quotes for our new Protege website

Julian Vincent
I'm using Protege 4.x to describe and analyse the ways in which living organisms solve the problems of their existence.  These are analysed and sorted using criteria developed in a general problem-solving system, TRIZ, invented and developed in Russia.  The ontology will be able to solve problems in a biomimetic way, driving technology along a route of greater sustainability.  The first project involves production of adaptive physical structures using agent-mediated interrogation and optimisation.  The project is in conjunction with Rupert Soar (Freeform Construction) and others.

Julian Vincent, MA PhD DSc FIMechE
Retired biologist / mechanical engineer