Using Ontology-search-engines

Daniel Schiebel

Dear all,

I'm want to create an ontology for controlling a production machine.
(process has commands; commands have parameter; ...) I'm searching for an
universal ontology I can integrate and specify to my usecase.

In my web research I found this page with a list of search engines:
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Search_engines

I was somehow unable to use this engines...
- sindice linked to a website which concerns the topic why NURO has a bad
reputation.
- FalconS I couldn't reach.
- swse linked to a site which clarified how to deal with depts.
The websites most similar to ontologies were Swoogle, Watson and
SemanticWebSearch. But unfortunately I didn't find any ontology.

Can someone please help me how to be more successful in finding the right
ontology or how to use the search engines above?

Best regards,
Daniel

PS: I've looked up the ontologies on this page yet:
https://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_Ontology_Library

Re: Using Ontology-search-engines

María Poveda-2
Dear Daniel,

  you can use http://lov.linkeddata.es/ for searching ontologies.

Apart from the ontologies in LOV, mabye these particular ontologies could be useful for your use case https://git.onem2m.org/MAS/BaseOntology (represents variables, commands, service, function, etc. ) and  https://w3id.org/def/saref4inma (represents industry and  manufacturing concepts extending SAREF).

Best,

María

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 1:40 PM Daniel Schiebel <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

María Poveda Villalón, PhD

Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Madrid, Spain