Using Protege and Webprotege simultaneously

Using Protege and Webprotege simultaneously

Alfredo Sánchez Alberca
Hello! My name is Alfredo and I've recentely joined this mail list.
I've been using Protege for a long time, but now I've started to use webprotege in a colaborative project.
I wonder if it's possible to download an ontology from webprotege, make some changes with protege and then upload the changes to webprotege to update the ontology.
Thanks!

Re: Using Protege and Webprotege simultaneously

Tania Tudorache
Hi Alfredo,

Yes, you can download an ontology from WebProtege in several ways:(1) on
the WebProtege tab on the home screen, click on the Download icon (blue
circle, down arrow), or (2) when you browse your project, go to the
Project Dashboard tab, and download any revision of the project from the
Revisions portlet.

You can then, edit the ontology in Protege desktop, and upload the
ontology back to WebProtege using the "Create Project" button. You would
have to move the old version of ontology in WebProtege to Trash, or just
name the new version with a different name (e.g., include a version
number). We know this is not ideal, and we are considering an
enhancement that will allow you to upload an OWL file into an existing
project:

https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/issues/119

Feel free to add any comments or feedback to this issue.

It would be very helpful to know why you need to edit the ontology in
Protege desktop. Then, we might tell you how to do it in WebProtege, or
use your feedback for future enhancements.

Thanks,
Tania