Viewing normal rdf-instances in Webprotege

Viewing normal rdf-instances in Webprotege

Rune66
Hi list

Just to clarify the following statement: "By default WebProtégé display a simplified user interface that allows you to edit a subset of OWL 2 syntax.”

As an example I have uploaded a project to Webprotege containing following types of data:

<rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://www.modernisering.dk/ontologies/FORM#Element" />
    <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://www.modernisering.dk/ontologies/FORM"/>
    <rdfs:label>Forvaltningsopgave</rdfs:label>
  </owl:Class>

<formonto:Forvaltningsopgave rdf:about="#Forvaltningsopgave_68.55.15.10">
<skos:prefLabel xml:lang="da-dk">68.55.15.10 Rådgivning og kvalitetssikring vedrørende myndighedens interne it-løsninger og it-projekter</skos:prefLabel>
<skos:definition xml:lang="da-dk">Myndighedsopgaver vedrørende rådgivning og kvalitetssikring af interne it-løsninger og it-projekter, herunder projektledelse</skos:definition>
<skos:broader rdf:resource="#Opgaveområde_68.55.15"/>
<skos:inScheme rdf:resource="#FORMOpgavenøgle"/>
</formonto:Forvaltningsopgave>

Ie. I have created a class and an instance of the same class.

Now I try to locate my instance underneath the specific class in the Webprotege interface, likes this:

The instance is not there. But if I choose the owl:Thing class I can find it:

Is this the way Webprotege is supposed to work (not showing classic rdf:type instances)?

With regards,
Rune Stilling

Re: Viewing normal rdf-instances in Webprotege

Tania Tudorache

Hi Rune,

Yes, WebProtege shows the instances of a particular class. Maybe you experienced a refresh issue.

I noticed in the first screen shot that you sent that the individuals portlet was displaying the instances of "Telefoneren", not the instances of  "Forvaltningsopgave".

You can tell what is displaying by looking at the title bar of the Individual's portlet.

Can you try to select some class, then go to  "Forvaltningsopgave", and see if the right instances are displayed?

Tania

Re: Viewing normal rdf-instances in Webprotege

Rune66
Hi Tania

“Forvaltningsopgave” is the class I’m trying to see individuals for (or am I misunderstanding you in some way?).

I have selected that class and only one individual shown which is one I created manualle from within WebProtege.

One of the individuals I would expect to see is this one:

BTW is it a know issue that search in the individuals tab doesn’t seem to work?

/Rune

Den 4. jan. 2017 kl. 22.26 skrev Tania Tudorache <[hidden email]>:

[...]

<Skærmbillede 2017-01-04 kl. 17.49.23.png>

The instance is not there. But if I choose the owl:Thing class I can find it:

<Skærmbillede 2017-01-04 kl. 17.49.13.png>

Is this the way Webprotege is supposed to work (not showing classic rdf:type instances)?

With regards,
Rune Stilling

Re: Viewing normal rdf-instances in Webprotege

Tania Tudorache

Hi Rune,

The display of individuals by class should work. I just tested it and it worked fine for me. To debug this further, could you send me your ontology (also privately, if you prefer), or a portion of it that shows the issue?

Yes, indeed the search in the individuals list does not work. I've opened an issue for it:

https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/issues/376

We will release soon a new version of WebProtege with many of such issues fixed.

Cheers,