Visualize Object Properties in Protégé 4.3

Visualize Object Properties in Protégé 4.3

kettinger
I was wondering if anyone might have a recommendation for a plugin that would enable me to visualize object properties (and ideally data properties as well) in Protégé 4.3. (I am on a Mac, in case this makes any difference).

I have been able to successfully visualize membership (Subclass/Superclass) relationships using the OWLViz plugin, however this plugin does not allow for visualization for object or data properties.

Is there any (free or paid) way to do this? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Kaki

Re: Visualize Object Properties in Protégé 4.3

Csongor Nyulas-2
Administrator
Try OntoGraf:
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/OntoGraf

Csongor

On 08/18/2014 01:12 PM, kettinger wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone might have a recommendation for a plugin that would
> enable me to visualize object properties (and ideally data properties as
> well) in Protégé 4.3. (I am on a Mac, in case this makes any difference).
>
> I have been able to successfully visualize membership (Subclass/Superclass)
> relationships using the OWLViz plugin, however this plugin does not allow
> for visualization for object or data properties.
>
> Is there any (free or paid) way to do this? Any suggestions would be very
> much appreciated!
>
> Thanks so much,
> Kaki

Re: Visualize Object Properties in Protégé 4.3

resus
There have been several posts on this. Check this recent one, where Tania explains how to do it with OntoGraf:Plugin-for-data-type-visualization
To do this, switch to the OntoGraf tab and activate (with the little button on the far right) "Pin Node Tooltips). As you cannot move the tooltips it gets really messy for many classes/individuals. Still, I do not know any other/better options.

Best, resus

Re: Visualize Object Properties in Protégé 4.3

kettinger
A huge thank you to everyone who suggested Ontograf -- it works perfectly!

I have one quick additional question: some of the functionalities I saw in the Ontograf demo video, which were accessed by right clicking on a term in the demo video (for a Windows) I can't figure out how to accomplish on a Mac. (Most crucially, showing just the "neighborhood" of a term). I've already tried control + click, which doesn't seem to be working.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Thank you so much in advance for the help!

Best,
Kaki

Re: Visualize Object Properties in Protégé 4.3

resus
Sorry, I'm on a Windows machine. Can't chip in.

Re: Visualize Object Properties in Protégé 4.3

Jennifer Vendetti
I’m using a MacBook Air, OS X 10.9.4.  Tapping with two fingers on the trackpad brings up the context menu for me.  (In System Preferences -> Trackpad -> Point & Click, I have the “Secondary click” setting set to “Click or tap with two fingers”).

Jennifer

On Aug 19, 2014, at 10:22 PM, kettinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A huge thank you to everyone who suggested Ontograf -- it works perfectly!
>
> I have one quick additional question: some of the functionalities I saw in
> the Ontograf demo video, which were accessed by right clicking on a term in
> the demo video (for a Windows) I can't figure out how to accomplish on a
> Mac. (Most crucially, showing just the "neighborhood" of a term). I've
> already tried control + click, which doesn't seem to be working.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem? Thank you so much in advance for
> the help!
>
> Best,
> Kaki

Re: Visualize Object Properties in Protégé 4.3

kettinger
Jennifer,

This works perfectly!!! Thank you so so much.

Best,
Kaki

From: "Jennifer Vendetti [via Protege Project]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 6:02 PM
To: Walt Disney <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Visualize Object Properties in Protégé 4.3

I’m using a MacBook Air, OS X 10.9.4.  Tapping with two fingers on the trackpad brings up the context menu for me.  (In System Preferences -> Trackpad -> Point & Click, I have the “Secondary click” setting set to “Click or tap with two fingers”).

Jennifer

On Aug 19, 2014, at 10:22 PM, kettinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A huge thank you to everyone who suggested Ontograf -- it works perfectly!
>
> I have one quick additional question: some of the functionalities I saw in
> the Ontograf demo video, which were accessed by right clicking on a term in
> the demo video (for a Windows) I can't figure out how to accomplish on a
> Mac. (Most crucially, showing just the "neighborhood" of a term). I've
> already tried control + click, which doesn't seem to be working.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem? Thank you so much in advance for
> the help!
>
> Best,
> Kaki

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Visualize-Object-Properties-in-Protege-4-3-tp4661190p4661259.html
To unsubscribe from Visualize Object Properties in Protégé 4.3, click here.
NAML