Visualizing individuals in protege

SHARANYA RAGHUNATH
Hello,

I am trying to visualize my inferred ontology along with the individuals. I am unable to view the individuals using OWLViz. I also tried installing TGVizTab; however, I am unable to view the TGViz tab on Protege.

Thank you,
Sharanya

Re: Visualizing individuals in protege

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
What version of Protege are you using?  In Protege 4.3 you can use the
OntoGraf tab to view individuals.  Enable OntoGraf from the Window |
Tabs menu.

Jennifer

On 7/24/2013 2:10 PM, SHARANYA RAGHUNATH wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to visualize my inferred ontology along with the individuals. I am unable to view the individuals using OWLViz. I also tried installing TGVizTab; however, I am unable to view the TGViz tab on Protege.
>
> Thank you,
> Sharanya

Re: Visualizing individuals in protege

SHARANYA RAGHUNATH
I am using Protege 4.3 and I used OntoGraph to generate an image of my asserted ontology. I am unable to use it to generate an image of my inferred ontology.

Thanks!

On Jul 24, 2013, at 3:34 PM, Jennifer Vendetti wrote:

> What version of Protege are you using?  In Protege 4.3 you can use the OntoGraf tab to view individuals.  Enable OntoGraf from the Window | Tabs menu.
>
> Jennifer
>
> On 7/24/2013 2:10 PM, SHARANYA RAGHUNATH wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to visualize my inferred ontology along with the individuals. I am unable to view the individuals using OWLViz. I also tried installing TGVizTab; however, I am unable to view the TGViz tab on Protege.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Sharanya

Re: Visualizing individuals in protege

grantpax
I am faced with the same issue. Anyone?

Re: Visualizing individuals in protege

Alan Ruttenberg-2
I've an outside-of-protege tool for viewing the inferred hierarchy. I was trying to integrate into protege it but there are issues and I don't have the resources to do so. If you are interested and don't mind dealing with the command line, respond off list and I'll help you set up.

If there are any java wizards who want to help, the issue has to do with modifying my code to work inside the plugin framework, which changes the classloader. The code within which my tools run uses a different classloader that allows, for instance. dynamic additions to the classpath.

An old page on the tool is at http://www.w3.org/wiki/LSW
-Alan

http://alan.ruttenbergs.com/

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM, grantpax <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am faced with the same issue. Anyone?

Re: Visualizing individuals in protege

Phillip Lord

Ah, how to scare a Java coder in 1 word: "classloader".

Protege uses the a classloader from OGSI. Do you control the classloader
in your tool? If so, can you set the protege classloader as the parent
of yours; then perhaps it should work.

Phil

Alan Ruttenberg <[hidden email]> writes:

> If there are any java wizards who want to help, the issue has to do with
> modifying my code to work inside the plugin framework, which changes the
> classloader. The code within which my tools run uses a different classloader
> that allows, for instance. dynamic additions to the classpath.
>

> An old page on the tool is at http://www.w3.org/wiki/LSW
>

> -Alan
>
> http://alan.ruttenbergs.com/
>
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM, grantpax <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I am faced with the same issue. Anyone?
>> --

Phillip Lord,                           Phone: +44 (0) 191 222 7827
Lecturer in Bioinformatics,             Email: [hidden email]
School of Computing Science,            http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/phillip.lord
Room 914 Claremont Tower,               skype: russet_apples
Newcastle University,                   twitter: phillord
NE1 7RU

Re: Visualizing individuals in protege

Timothy Redmond

If there are any java wizards who want to help, the issue has to do with modifying my code to work inside the plugin framework, which changes the classloader. The code within which my tools run uses a different classloader that allows, for instance. dynamic additions to the classpath.

What do you mean by dynamic additions to the class path exactly?  One of the strengths of the OSGi environment is that it has extremely flexible capabilities regarding the class loader.  How dynamic are we talking exactly?  How does this dynamic behavior related to the viewing of the inferred hierarchy?

-Timothy

On 10/16/2013 08:33 AM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
I've an outside-of-protege tool for viewing the inferred hierarchy. I was trying to integrate into protege it but there are issues and I don't have the resources to do so. If you are interested and don't mind dealing with the command line, respond off list and I'll help you set up.

If there are any java wizards who want to help, the issue has to do with modifying my code to work inside the plugin framework, which changes the classloader. The code within which my tools run uses a different classloader that allows, for instance. dynamic additions to the classpath.

An old page on the tool is at http://www.w3.org/wiki/LSW

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM, grantpax <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am faced with the same issue. Anyone?

Re: Visualizing individuals in protege

grantpax
Sorry for the delay. Another project pulled me away.

I would deeply appreciate a hand getting set up.

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Alan Ruttenberg-2 [via Protege Ontology Editor & Knowledge Acquisition System] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've an outside-of-protege tool for viewing the inferred hierarchy. I was trying to integrate into protege it but there are issues and I don't have the resources to do so. If you are interested and don't mind dealing with the command line, respond off list and I'll help you set up.

If there are any java wizards who want to help, the issue has to do with modifying my code to work inside the plugin framework, which changes the classloader. The code within which my tools run uses a different classloader that allows, for instance. dynamic additions to the classpath.

An old page on the tool is at http://www.w3.org/wiki/LSW

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM, grantpax <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am faced with the same issue. Anyone?

NAML