WebProtege issue: IRI alphanumeric showing up as class name

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WebProtege issue: IRI alphanumeric showing up as class name

DickersonLJ
Hello all-- Several times now I have experienced an issue when adding class names to WebProtege manually. When I add a class name, instead of the rdfs:label name appearing as the label, the IRI string shows up as well. When I tried changing the class name to the rdfs:label in the OWK Classes tab, they change back and do not stay. This is only happening in certain branches of the ontology though. I searched the archives and could not figure out the issue. Please advise. Thank you. Leia
Leia Dickerson Librarian | Applied Research + Methods U.S. Government Accountability Office [hidden email]


Sent from the Protege User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user
Leia Dickerson Librarian | Applied Research + Methods U.S. Government Accountability Office DickersonLJ@gao.gov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WebProtege issue: IRI alphanumeric showing up as class name

samsontu
Hi,

On Sep 30, 2019, at 7:50 AM, DickersonLJ <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello all-- Several times now I have experienced an issue when adding class names to WebProtege manually. When I add a class name, instead of the rdfs:label name appearing as the label, the IRI string shows up as well. When I tried changing the class name to the rdfs:label in the OWK Classes tab, they change back and do not stay. This is only happening in certain branches of the ontology though. I searched the archives and could not figure out the issue. Please advise. Thank you. Leia
Leia Dickerson Librarian | Applied Research + Methods U.S. Government Accountability Office [hidden email]


I think you need to give concrete step-by-step examples that are illustrated by screen shots. For example, what are specifically involved in “changing the class name to the rtfs:label in the OWL Classes tab”. Why do you want the class name to be the same as the rdfs:label. Is the rdfs:label in question a legal class name? As you said, the behavior you are reporting occurs in some places but not others. Therefore the issue must be highly dependent on the particular classes and strings involve. 

With best regards,
Samson


_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WebProtege issue: IRI alphanumeric showing up as a class name

DickersonLJ
Hello Samson--

Please see below. When we added a class under Financial Fraud, the display name is showing the IRI and not the class name in the rdfs:label, which is being shown for other classes.

When I tried to edit the class name to match the rdfs:label name in the OWL Entity Description Editor, it reverted back to the IRI.

When I add a class to WebProtege, the name I enter usually automatically becomes 1)the display name and 2) the rdfs:label name unless it is changed. (I changed the spacing in "Employee Reporting" between the first and second screenshots, but otherwise all else is the same.


Leia Dickerson Librarian | Applied Research + Methods U.S. Government Accountability Office [hidden email]


Sent from the Protege User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user
Leia Dickerson Librarian | Applied Research + Methods U.S. Government Accountability Office DickersonLJ@gao.gov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WebProtege issue: IRI alphanumeric showing up as a class name

Matthew Horridge-2
Administrator
Hi,

Please make sure that your display preferences for the project are set up correctly.  Go to “Project” -> “Settings…” then find the “Display Name Settings” section.  Make sure that you have set the display name settings to show rdfs:label with en lang tag (as this is what you have on the class where the IRI is being shown).  You can press the “Reset to reference languages” button to automatically detect and fill this out for you.

Cheers,

Matthew




On Oct 1, 2019, at 15:32, DickersonLJ <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Samson--

Please see below. When we added a class under Financial Fraud, the display name is showing the IRI and not the class name in the rdfs:label, which is being shown for other classes.

When I tried to edit the class name to match the rdfs:label name in the OWL Entity Description Editor, it reverted back to the IRI.

When I add a class to WebProtege, the name I enter usually automatically becomes 1)the display name and 2) the rdfs:label name unless it is changed. (I changed the spacing in "Employee Reporting" between the first and second screenshots, but otherwise all else is the same.


Leia Dickerson Librarian | Applied Research + Methods U.S. Government Accountability Office [hidden email]


Sent from the Protege User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user


_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user