WebProtege - owl file download

Ivan Rygaev
Hello!

We are using a local WebProtege server and have another application which takes and owl file from time to time through download option.

In WebProtege 2 we could download the file whithout logging in WebProtege. Recently we have upgraded to WebProtege 3 and it seems that now it is required to login to be able to download a fiile.

Is there a way to allow download without login in WebProtege 3 (preferable)? Or is there a way to provide credentials directly in the download request? Any other options to get owl file from WebProtege programmatically?

Thank you.

Ivan Rygaev

Re: WebProtege - owl file download

Hi Ivan,

You need to create an API key for some user.  To do this use the CLI tool (it’s one of the available commands).

java -jar webprotege-cli.jar generate-api-key

Then you need to use this key to authenticate.  To do this set the Authorization header in your http request

Authorization: ApiKey your-api-key-here

For downloading,

There’s three parameters for you to set:  “project” i.e the project id, “revision” (leave out for the latest) and format (the mime type format).  Make a request to the /download resource

On May 20, 2020, at 7:24 AM, Ivan Rygaev <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello!

We are using a local WebProtege server and have another application which takes and owl file from time to time through download option.

In WebProtege 2 we could download the file whithout logging in WebProtege. Recently we have upgraded to WebProtege 3 and it seems that now it is required to login to be able to download a fiile.

Is there a way to allow download without login in WebProtege 3 (preferable)? Or is there a way to provide credentials directly in the download request? Any other options to get owl file from WebProtege programmatically?

Thank you.

Ivan Rygaev

Re: WebProtege - owl file download

Ivan Rygaev
Hi Matthew!

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately webprotege-cli.jar version 3.0.0 does not seem to have this option:

C:\Users\irygaev\Desktop>java -jar webprotege-cli.jar generate-api-key
Unknown command 'generate-api-key'
Available commands:
    create-admin-account    Creates an admin account in WebProtege
    rebuild-permissions    Rebuilds the WebProtege permissions

The jar was downloaded from here:

Thanks.