WebProtege portlet development resources

WebProtege portlet development resources

Umashanthi Pavalanathan
Hi,

I am trying to develop a portlet for WebProtege to add customized features.
I am wondering whether there are any resources available regarding portlet development.

Thanks,
Umashanthi

Re: WebProtege portlet development resources

Matthew Horridge
Hi,

The latest version of WebProtege is 2.0 but this is under heavy development and it quite unstable at the moment.  Some documents for 1.0 development are here though:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeDevelopersGuide

Out of interest, what customised features do you want?

On 4 Jan 2013, at 18:19, Umashanthi Pavalanathan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to develop a portlet for WebProtege to add customized features.
> I am wondering whether there are any resources available regarding portlet development.
>

> Thanks,
> Umashanthi

Re: WebProtege portlet development resources

Umashanthi Pavalanathan
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the link. I have already gone through it to checkout the code and setting up the dev environment.
I am interested in resources regarding portlet development, such as the details about which abstract classes to implement, configurations to make the new portlet available in WebProtege web app, etc. I've started looking into the source code of existing portlets to learn these. But any resources with such details would be very helpful.

I am interested in developing a portlet to pull up data from a storage system and display additional resources we have for each individual instance.

Thanks,
Umashanthi

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The latest version of WebProtege is 2.0 but this is under heavy development and it quite unstable at the moment.  Some documents for 1.0 development are here though:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeDevelopersGuide

Out of interest, what customised features do you want?

On 4 Jan 2013, at 18:19, Umashanthi Pavalanathan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to develop a portlet for WebProtege to add customized features.
> I am wondering whether there are any resources available regarding portlet development.
>

> Thanks,
> Umashanthi

Re: WebProtege portlet development resources

Tania Tudorache
Hi Umashanthi,

I have added some documentation on how to implement your own WebProtege tabs and portlets on the wiki:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeImplementationGuide

I hope this will help.

Tania

On 01/07/2013 07:15 AM, Umashanthi Pavalanathan wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the link. I have already gone through it to checkout the code and setting up the dev environment.
I am interested in resources regarding portlet development, such as the details about which abstract classes to implement, configurations to make the new portlet available in WebProtege web app, etc. I've started looking into the source code of existing portlets to learn these. But any resources with such details would be very helpful.

I am interested in developing a portlet to pull up data from a storage system and display additional resources we have for each individual instance.

Thanks,
Umashanthi

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The latest version of WebProtege is 2.0 but this is under heavy development and it quite unstable at the moment.  Some documents for 1.0 development are here though:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeDevelopersGuide

Out of interest, what customised features do you want?

On 4 Jan 2013, at 18:19, Umashanthi Pavalanathan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to develop a portlet for WebProtege to add customized features.
> I am wondering whether there are any resources available regarding portlet development.
>

> Thanks,
> Umashanthi

Re: WebProtege portlet development resources

Umashanthi Pavalanathan
Hi Tania,

Thanks so much for the documentation.
I was able to build a new portlet following existing portlet code. Your documentation will be definitely useful to build it quickly.

I guess step 3 of creating a tab should also be followed when creating a portlet.

Thanks again,
Umashanthi

On 01/22/2013 02:14 PM, Umashanthi Pavalanathan wrote:
Hi Tania,

Thanks so much for the documentation.
I was able to build a new portlet following existing portlet code. Your documentation will be definitely useful to build it quickly.

Glad to hear that!

I guess step 3 of creating a tab should also be followed when creating a portlet.

Yes, definitely. I added the UIFactory step for the portlets a few hours after sending the email, when I realized I forgot it :)

If you have any more questions about the portlets or tab development, please post them on the list, and I will update the wiki right away, so that others can also benefit.

Thank you!
Tania

Thanks again,
Umashanthi

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Tania Tudorache <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Umashanthi,

I have added some documentation on how to implement your own WebProtege tabs and portlets on the wiki:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeImplementationGuide

I hope this will help.

Tania

On 01/07/2013 07:15 AM, Umashanthi Pavalanathan wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the link. I have already gone through it to checkout the code and setting up the dev environment.
I am interested in resources regarding portlet development, such as the details about which abstract classes to implement, configurations to make the new portlet available in WebProtege web app, etc. I've started looking into the source code of existing portlets to learn these. But any resources with such details would be very helpful.

I am interested in developing a portlet to pull up data from a storage system and display additional resources we have for each individual instance.

Thanks,
Umashanthi

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The latest version of WebProtege is 2.0 but this is under heavy development and it quite unstable at the moment.  Some documents for 1.0 development are here though:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeDevelopersGuide

Out of interest, what customised features do you want?

On 4 Jan 2013, at 18:19, Umashanthi Pavalanathan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to develop a portlet for WebProtege to add customized features.
> I am wondering whether there are any resources available regarding portlet development.
>

> Thanks,
> Umashanthi

Re: WebProtege portlet development resources

Devi-3

-