Webprotege: Show full graph

Christian Rebischke
Hi,
I would like to show a full graph for an ontology or individuals in
webprotege.

It's somehow not possible to click on `owl:Thing` in webprotege and see
the full graph, I always need to click on a sub node to see the relation
of the graph.

Anybody an idea how to display the full graph in webprotege?

Best regards,

Christian

Re: Webprotege: Show full graph

Michael DeBellis-2
I'm not sure what you mean by "a full graph". Do you mean all the individuals or all the classes or something else? When I open an ontology it goes to the class view and I see all the subclasses of owl:Thing. And when I click on the Individuals view I see all the Individuals in the ontology (all the instances of owl:Thing) although I can select a subclass and just see the instances of that class.

In the Individuals view there is an option (right under the class in the upper left) to either see "All Instances" or "Direct Instances Only".  I think the default is All Instances but perhaps you selected Direct Instances Only at some point and that is now your default. With that option selected you only see the instances of the specific class you have selected. So since in most ontologies you don't have many (or any)  instances that are directly instances of owl:Thing but rather instances of some domain subclass if that option is selected you would need to select a subclass and you wouldn't see all the individuals in the ontology.

Michael

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 8:24 AM Christian Rebischke <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I would like to show a full graph for an ontology or individuals in
webprotege.

It's somehow not possible to click on `owl:Thing` in webprotege and see
the full graph, I always need to click on a sub node to see the relation
of the graph.

Anybody an idea how to display the full graph in webprotege?

Best regards,

Christian

Re: Webprotege: Show full graph

Christian Rebischke
Hi Michael,

I have attached a screenshot. What you see in my screenshot is that I
have selected "owl:Thing" in the "Classes" View and I see only
"owl:Thing". How can I see the whole tree in the graph view?

This is not possible via webprotege (however I achived a full graph view
with the protege client, but I don't like that Java App due to font
issues).

Christian

img-2020-02-16-21-29-09.png (99K) Download Attachment

Re: Webprotege: Show full graph

Michael DeBellis-2
Thanks for clarifying. Sorry, I don't know, it looks to me as if the graph starts from the selected node and goes up the hierarchy but stops just below owl:Thing. Perhaps someone else knows how to customize it, I looked around in the documentation and couldn't find anything.