What happen to the Dublin Core "plugin"

Brochhausen, Mathias
Colleagues,

Recently a number of ontologies stopped loading properly due to the fact that the Protégé Dublin Core plugin (which technically isn't a plugin, but an import) stooped being available from:

What happened to that resource? Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks,
Mathias

--
Mathias Brochhausen Ph.D. M.A.
Assistant Professor

Re: What happen to the Dublin Core "plugin"

Brochhausen, Mathias
Hi Matthew,

Great, many thanks. So, it should be there, right? It is not like it was decided to get rid of it or relocate it?

Best,
Mathias

--
Mathias Brochhausen Ph.D. M.A.
Assistant Professor
Division of Biomedical Informatics
4301 West Markham Slot #782
Little Rock, AR 72205
501.603.1765 (phone)
501.526.5964 (fax)

Re: What happen to the Dublin Core "plugin"

samsontu
No, there was no decision to get rid of the Dublin Core “plugin".

My guess is that its loss is related to the roll-out of the new Protege web site (protege.stanford.edu).

With best regards,
Samson

On Feb 24, 2014, at 10:14 AM, Brochhausen, Mathias <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Matthew,

Great, many thanks. So, it should be there, right? It is not like it was decided to get rid of it or relocate it?

Best,
Mathias

--
Mathias Brochhausen Ph.D. M.A.
Assistant Professor
Division of Biomedical Informatics
4301 West Markham Slot #782
Little Rock, AR 72205
501.603.1765 (phone)
501.526.5964 (fax)

Re: What happen to the Dublin Core "plugin"

Wynne, Robert (NIH/NCI) [C]

Hi Matthew,

We are also getting Exceptions trying to locate http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/protege

Does this have anything to do with the site redesign? (Which looks really nice!)

Thanks,

Rob

Re: What happen to the Dublin Core "plugin"

Jennifer Vendetti
Yes, there was years of detritus on the old Protege website that was dropped when the new site was rolled out on Friday of last week.  The Protege DC ontology was overlooked, but is now restored.  We've marked this as fixed in our bug tracker:

https://github.com/protegeproject/protege-website/issues/2

Jennifer

On 2/24/2014 10:44 AM, Samson Tu wrote:
[...]

Hi Jennifer,

Could http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/protege also be restored?  It’s the only import used by NCI Thesaurus.  I mentioned it after Matthew replied, but just want to be sure it does not get overlooked.

Thanks,

Rob

Re: What happen to the Dublin Core "plugin"

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Yes, of course.  The only caveat is that this URL is a redirect, and our IT person doesn't allow the Protege team access to the list of redirects.  I don't know the physical location of this ontology file, but I've asked our IT person to give me this information and we'll get it restored as soon as possible.  I'll notify you when it's back up.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

Jennifer

On 2/24/2014 2:26 PM, Wynne, Robert (NIH/NCI) [C] wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

Could http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/protege also be restored?  It’s the only import used by NCI Thesaurus.  I mentioned it after Matthew replied, but just want to be sure it does not get overlooked.

Thanks,

Rob

Re: What happen to the Dublin Core "plugin"

Jennifer Vendetti
This issue is fixed:

https://github.com/protegeproject/protege-website/issues/3