Wiki links broken (looking for ConvertToDBScript / jdbc drivers)

Wiki links broken (looking for ConvertToDBScript / jdbc drivers)

Jang-Vijay Singh
Hi,

This is my first post to the list. I am a software developer by profession based in the UK.

I have been trying to get hold of some way of exporting ontologies to a relational database and found this link that appears to describe what I need:

https://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/ConvertToDBScript

However, all the download links on the page are broken.

Can someone please point me to the correct links?

Thanks,
JV

Re: Wiki links broken (looking for ConvertToDBScript / jdbc drivers)

samsontu
The script referenced in the ConvertToDBScript page is a script to convert OWL 1.0 ontologies to Protege 3.x’s idiosyncratic database backend. You can do the conversion in Protege 3.x’s user interface, but I don’t recommend that you attempt it. The resulting database is not interpretable unless you know the details of how Protege 3.x convert OWL axioms to a frame representation and map the frame representation to a relational schema.

You are more likely to find success by leveraging OWL’s RDF serialization and using a triple store that has a relational backend.

With best regards,
Samson