Work around for the maximum WebProtege upload size of 70 MB

Work around for the maximum WebProtege upload size of 70 MB

Jeffrey Staples
I am trying to upload a large (~150 MB) OWL file to WebProtege, but am getting an error message saying that uploaded files can't be > 70 MB. Is 150 MB this too large for WebProtege to handle? Is there a work around to upload the ontology? Can I compress the owl file first?

Thanks,

Jeff

******************************************************************** This e-mail and any attachment hereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, or any attachment hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me by return electronic mail and permanently delete this email and any attachment hereto, any copy of this e-mail and of any such attachment, and any printout thereof. Finally, please note that only authorized representatives of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. have the power and authority to enter into business dealings with any third party. ********************************************************************

Re: Work around for the maximum WebProtege upload size of 70 MB

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
If you have your own WebProtege server you can set the upload file limit in your application settings, as described here:
https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/wiki/WebProt%C3%A9g%C3%A9-3.0.0-Installation#edit-the-webprot%C3%A9g%C3%A9-settings

Files can be uploaded also as a zip archive, which you need to do anyway in case you have multiple ontology files that belong to the same ontology project. When you upload a zip file, the root ontology has to be named root.owl.

Please be mindful that uploading and editing such a huge file on our public WebProtege server may impact the performance of the service for a lot of users.

Csongor

On 4/18/19 1:58 PM, Jeffrey Staples wrote:
[...]

Alia Benkahla
Dear All,

Thank you for your prompt responses.
Sorry if I did something wrong. I didn't mean it. I didn't upload any big file, I did only insert text data.

How can I now access the data that is in there now?

Many thanks,
Best,
Alia.

Dr. Alia Benkahla
Laboratory of BioInformatics, bioMathematics and bioStatistics (BIMS)
Institute Pasteur of Tunis
Ad: 13, place Pasteur BP 74 1002 - Tunis
Tel: +216 71 843755 ext: 464
Mob: +216 22 938439
Fax: +216 71 791833
E-mail: [hidden email]