XML Tab

rahiti
Hello everyone,

I am currently using Protégé 5 and I want to use pure XML data to build my
ontology. I saw that there is an old version of Protégé (3.4) that provide a
suitable plugin for me, which is XML Tab, but I would like to know if there
is something similar for the version I use.

Thank you in advance,

rahiti

Re: XML Tab

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
As far as I know the XML Tab was not ported to Protege 4.x/5.x, and I am
not aware of any similar plug-in.

I think the developer of the plug-in is following this mailing list, so
maybe he can chime in if there are any plans on doing any work on this
in the future, or point people to where should they look for input if
they would like to migrate the plug-ins functionality to Protege 5.
These days, I think, a plugin that would import from JSON to an ontology
would be at least as useful as from XML. Having a plug-in that could
take both JSON and XML would be really cool!

Csongor

On 2/11/19 6:23 AM, rahiti wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am currently using Protégé 5 and I want to use pure XML data to build my
> ontology. I saw that there is an old version of Protégé (3.4) that provide a
> suitable plugin for me, which is XML Tab, but I would like to know if there
> is something similar for the version I use.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> rahiti

Re: XML Tab

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
I am far from being an expert on ML Tab, but if I remember correctly, the big advantage of XML Tab was not that it could produce an XML format of the ontology, but rather that (1) it could import structured information from an XML file, and (2) it could produce an arbitrary XML file from the content of an ontology that would conform to certain schema that the user needed his/her data to be in.

Csongor

On 2/11/19 9:51 AM, Michael DeBellis wrote:
[...]

Igor Toujilov-2

RDF/XML is what I recommend because it is an official standard for OWL, and ontologies are all about interoperability based on standardisation.

Cheers,

Igor