about ontology evolves

唐姗
hi:
  I wanna to know whether the protege can keep track of ontology changes during the development process,thanks

Re: about ontology evolves

Y. David LIANG

Have a look at PROMPT
(http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/prompt/prompt.html) plug-in of Protég
é! Actually it is a suite of tools for multiple ontology management, which
includes functions of compare, move, merge and extract.

Related to your question, compare function would be your interest. It
compares the current version of ontology to a different version of the same
ontology. The changes (a series of change operations) made on the ontology
between the different versions will be shown within the final result. By
enabling the "journaling" preference in the system
(Project|Configure...|Options), some information about the change made to
the ontology (e.g. author, time, item changed) during the update process
will be saved to a file with the extension '.pjrn'. PROMPT is able to read
such files and retrieve some information about those changes.

Hope this answers your question!

David Liang

-----
Mr. Yaozhong LIANG
Ph.D Research Student in Artificial Intelligence
Intelligence, Agents and Multimedia Group
School of Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton
Highfield, Southampton, SO17 1BJ
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)23 8059 8347