add OBO annotations editor to plugin registry

add OBO annotations editor to plugin registry

Jim Balhoff-2
Hi,

I made some updates to the OBO annotations editor plugin to work with Protégé 5. Would it be possible to add it to the plugin registry?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/owlcollab/protege-obo-plugin/master/update.properties

Thank you,
Jim

Re: add OBO annotations editor to plugin registry

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Jim,

I have added this to the Protege 5.1 auto-update file (and also to the version 5.0, which I hope it is compatible with).

However, when testing it, I realized that there is a mistake in your update.properties file:

The download URL instead of your plugin should be:
https://github.com/owlcollab/protege-obo-plugin/releases/download/v0.3.0/obo-annotations-plugin-0.3.0.jar
not:
https://github.com/owlcollab/protege-obo-plugin/releases/download/v0.3.0/obo-plugin-0.3.0.jar

I would also capitalize the name of the plugin to "OBO Annotations Editor" instead of "OBO annotations editor"

Best,
Csongor

On 01/19/2017 06:58 AM, Jim Balhoff wrote:
Hi,

I made some updates to the OBO annotations editor plugin to work with Protégé 5. Would it be possible to add it to the plugin registry?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/owlcollab/protege-obo-plugin/master/update.properties

Thank you,
Jim

Re: add OBO annotations editor to plugin registry

Jim Balhoff-2
Hi Csongor,

Thank your for pointing out those mistakes—they are fixed now!

I already see the plugin in the download window, wonderful. It should be compatible with Protege 5.0.

Best regards,
Jim

On Jan 19, 2017, at 1:31 PM, Csongor Nyulas <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

You are very welcome!
It is working for me, too. Nice plug-in.

Thank you for your contribution.

Csongor

On 01/19/2017 10:39 AM, Jim Balhoff wrote:
[...]

Simon Spero-2
On Jan 19, 2017 1:50 PM, "Csongor Nyulas" <[hidden email]> wrote:
You are very welcome!
It is working for me, too. Nice plug-in.

On a tangentially related note : has anyone thought about the idea of spinning up an instance of Apache Karaf + Cave ; this is a fairly lightweight implementation of the  OSGI Repository Service interface, and could make providing updates for protégé components quite a bit simpler.

The contrast with jigsaw is starting to make OSGI seem good again (this feeling usually  doesn't last :)

Simon