adding definition for terms

Leila Kiani
Hi,
Could you please help me to add definitions and scope notes to the terms that I am adding?
Do you think I can almost make a page like this in the end?

Thanks a lot. Leila Kiani

Re: adding definition for terms

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Leila,

Sure you can add annotations to your classes in WebProtege.
Here is how it would look like:

Please note that I created the above properties in-line. They are just some local properties in my ontology with similar display labels as the one provided by MESH. You should however use the proper MESH properties to make an ontology that is compatible with MESH.

Alternatively, wouldn't it make more sense to download the OWL version of MeSH from somewhere (for example from BioPortal: https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/RH-MESH), and upload it to WebProtege for viewing/editing?

Csongor

On 4/18/19 10:14 AM, Leila Kiani wrote:
Hi,
Could you please help me to add definitions and scope notes to the terms that I am adding?
Do you think I can almost make a page like this in the end?

Thanks a lot. Leila Kiani

Re: adding definition for terms

Leila Kiani
Thank you Csongor for your reply.
Actually I am trying to build a thesaurus like this Mesh. It is not comeletely the exact terms, but format will be the same
Do you think I can keep emailing you for asking more questions?

THANK YOU SO MUCH

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 6:58 PM Csongor Nyulas <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

As long as you can keep the questions of being of potentially interesting to the general audience, the best is to send them to the mailing list. Fellow (Web)Protege users may be also able to help you. We have several thousands of people who use our tools. Obviously we don't have the resources to provide one-to-one consultancy to each of them.

Csongor

On 4/18/19 4:04 PM, Leila Kiani wrote:
[...]

Hi Csongor and everyone,
I have a question for you.
I need to upload my file (xml/skos) to desktop web Protege. I tried many times but it doesn't bring the classified thesaurus that I have in the file not even in web version. It just gives me Individuals numbers, not even the terms that I have for each number. Could you please help me in this and tell me how can I creat a new project by uploading my existing thesaurus file?
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 8:13 PM Csongor Nyulas <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

samsontu
By default, web protege uses the rtfs:label property to display entities in the ontology. If your upload has an annotation property from which web protege should get the display names, go to the Display menu item to set the display name annotation property:

If that does work the best approach is to post your source file so that maybe somebody can diagnose the problem. Your source file may not be in a format that can be parsed as an ontology.

With best regards,
Samson

On Jul 3, 2019, at 10:47 AM, Leila Kiani <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<hkapokjcnebepchg.png>

Please note that I created the above properties in-line. They are just some local properties in my ontology with similar display labels as the one provided by MESH. You should however use the proper MESH properties to make an ontology that is compatible with MESH.

Alternatively, wouldn't it make more sense to download the OWL version of MeSH from somewhere (for example from BioPortal: https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/RH-MESH), and upload it to WebProtege for viewing/editing?

Csongor

On 4/18/19 10:14 AM, Leila Kiani wrote:
Hi,
Could you please help me to add definitions and scope notes to the terms that I am adding?
Do you think I can almost make a page like this in the end?

Thanks a lot. Leila Kiani

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment