announcement of project from Taos Research Institute

announcement of project from Taos Research Institute

Paul S Prueitt
Please post this announcment, and circulate.
from:
Dr Paul S Prueitt
Director
The Taos Research Institute
Taos New Mexico

The "dream" is to create a Taos Research Institute, and eventually a
university centered in the high mountain valley of Taos New Mexico (USA)
where a "knowledge science" curriculum can be developed and used in mostly
virtual activities - World Wide.

A "not for profit" e-commerce system centered in Taos is being developed
from the site

www.virtualTaos.net

This system has separate production and distribution aspects and will employ
Service Oriented Architecture and conceptual role up of social discourse
technologies

program design mapping Islamic social discourse
http://www.ontologystream.com/area1/MemeticOntology/mappingSocialSymbols.htm
application of this design to open source capability to create "Glass Bead
Games"
http://www.bcngroup.org/beadgames/graphs/61.htm
and more generally
http://www.ontologystream.com/cA/index.htm (tutorials)

Virtual Taos is being designed to allow creative, artist, expressions in
original oils painting to be acquired world wide (and thus to take into
account differences in value of money and production costs.)

see:
http://www.virtualtaos.net/admin/remotePresence.htm

You may wish to participate with us in learning and teaching based on Second
School principles.

http://www.ontologystream.com/home2004.htm

We cannot stress how important the ebSOA-IM (electronic business Service
Oriented Architecture - Information Model) methodology is.

see:  http://www.bcngroup.org/beadgames/generativeMethodology/166.htm

The following sites will be used to develop this methodology, in the context
of business to business use, and related methodology for gene and cell
expression ontology.

www.ontologyhub.net
www.S2EE.net
www.S2IE.net

(being configured now.)

A "generic" mapping program between object oriented data bases in general
and DL (desrciptive logic)-based ontology in particular could be the path to
both funding and curriculum development.  The ebSOA-IM is an object oriented
information model, similar to UML (Unified Modeling Language).

Creating an economic engine to support the Second School is essential.
First the list of innovations all included simplifying concepts and
technologies such as the key less hash table

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22key+less+hash%22
the use of n-aries without fixed logical entailment
consistent with Orb (Ontology Referential Base) and Knowledge Foundations
n-ary based Mark 3 knowledge processor

see notational paper:

http://www.bcngroup.org/area2/KSF/Notation/notation.htm

and BCNGroup Roadmap for deploying semantic technology

http://www.datawarehouse.com/search/?FREETXT=Prueitt

Current projects include

1) the development of a community wiki based on a refinement of a set of
terms related to ebSOA-IM to Protege OWL two way translations.