automatic instance creation with rdf list wizard

automatic instance creation with rdf list wizard

Olivier Dameron
Hello,
   The wizard for creating rdf lists seems to automatically generate instances of the rdf:List class. What are these usefull for? Moreover, the appear on the gui, but not in the owl/rdf code.

- create a new ontology
- use the rdf list wizard
- go to the instance tab and look at the instances of rdf:List

Olivier

Re: automatic instance creation with rdf list wizard

Nick Drummond
Hi Olivier,

The purpose of the wizard is to create a restricted type of RDF list
that can only take members of a given class as elements.

If you create a restriction on the property created (or use the forms
editor to add a widget) you can enter values easily.
Make sure the widget is an RDFListWidget - this used to happen
automatically if the range was an rdf:list - but is obviously broken.

I would personally use OWL lists as they allow reasoning, but some
people wanted to use RDF for ordering (esp before we worked out the
OWL lists properly) - so at least the GUI can help them fill in
correctly - even if they can't check consistency.

Now all that's needed is full list handling/editing etc - any
volunteers?

Cheers

Nick