beta-15 crashing

grantpax
Happened three times so far since I installed and started using FaCT++. I have tried both Java 1.7 and 1.8. Crash report attached.

crash.txt (97K) Download Attachment

Re: beta-15 crashing

grantpax
forgot log files

Begin forwarded message:

From: Grant Pax <[hidden email]>
Subject: beta-15 crashing
Date: December 19, 2014 at 9:57:34 PM EST
To: User support for WebProtege and Protege Desktop <[hidden email]>

Happened three times so far since I installed and started using FaCT++. I have tried both Java 1.7 and 1.8. Crash report attached.

crash.txt (97K) Download Attachment
hs_err_pid38486.log (59K) Download Attachment
hs_err_pid38726.log (62K) Download Attachment
hs_err_pid39167.log (63K) Download Attachment

Re: beta-15 crashing

Hi Grant,

This may be due to FaCT++ (which is written in C++) crashing, which then brings down the JVM and causes Protege to close.

If this problem persists I suggest that you try a different reasoner.  You could also post your ontology and details of the crash to the FaCT++ developer.

On 20 Dec 2014, at 03:04, Grant Pax <[hidden email]> wrote:

forgot log files

Begin forwarded message:

From: Grant Pax <[hidden email]>
Date: December 19, 2014 at 9:57:34 PM EST
To: User support for WebProtege and Protege Desktop <[hidden email]>

Happened three times so far since I installed and started using FaCT++. I have tried both Java 1.7 and 1.8. Crash report attached.
<crash.txt>
<hs_err_pid38486.log>
<hs_err_pid38726.log>
<hs_err_pid39167.log>

Re: beta-15 crashing

grantpax
Thank you. I'm switching to Pellet.

More generally, how does one choose a reasoner? I’m sure there’s a doc somewhere about this - and I haven’t found it yet.

On Dec 20, 2014, at 4:32 AM, Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Grant,

This may be due to FaCT++ (which is written in C++) crashing, which then brings down the JVM and causes Protege to close.

If this problem persists I suggest that you try a different reasoner.  You could also post your ontology and details of the crash to the FaCT++ developer.

On 20 Dec 2014, at 03:04, Grant Pax <[hidden email]> wrote:

forgot log files

Begin forwarded message:

Re: beta-15 crashing

Rafael Gonçalves
Hi Grant,

Your best bets in the matter are reasoner benchmark papers and reasoner competition results (see OWL reasoner evaluation workshop (ORE): http://www.easychair.org/smart-program/VSL2014/ORE-index.html). These should help in your decision.

Rafael

On 20 Dec 2014, at 08:40, Grant Pax <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you. I'm switching to Pellet.

More generally, how does one choose a reasoner? I’m sure there’s a doc somewhere about this - and I haven’t found it yet.

On Dec 20, 2014, at 4:32 AM, Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Grant,

This may be due to FaCT++ (which is written in C++) crashing, which then brings down the JVM and causes Protege to close.

If this problem persists I suggest that you try a different reasoner.  You could also post your ontology and details of the crash to the FaCT++ developer.

On 20 Dec 2014, at 03:04, Grant Pax <[hidden email]> wrote:

forgot log files

Begin forwarded message:

Re: beta-15 crashing

Dmitry Tsarkov

I'm the developer of the FaCT++ reasoner. From the description you provide I can confirm that the fail is indeed due to the FaCT++ crash. Could you please send me an ontology that lead to crash and the related information about Protege (what plugin were you using, what tab were you on etc). This information will help me to fix the problem.