cannot install the custom protege plugin which uses the jena api

cannot install the custom protege plugin which uses the jena api

Gennadie
Hello,

I have created a simple plugin in which i have used the jena api, however,
the plugin cannot install in the protege 5.2.0
Can anyone know how to solve it?

Thank you

Re: cannot install the custom protege plugin which uses the jena api

Lorenz Buehmann
That is almost no information ...
You created a plugin, so far so good.

So, what means "install"? Copy the Jar file to the plugins folders?

And then, Protege uses OSGi, so you have to make the dependencies like Jena available in the Jar file + as imported package in the MANIFEST. Documentation for OSGi is online, for Maven please configure and use the maven-bundle-plugin in the pom.xml

Hello,

I have created a simple plugin in which i have used the jena api, however,
the plugin cannot install in the protege 5.2.0
Can anyone know how to solve it?

Thank you

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig

Re: cannot install the custom protege plugin which uses the jena api

Gennadie
Thank you for your answers.

First, the install is what you have understood, putting the jar in the
plugin file of protege.

Then, the jena jar file is already available in my .m2 local repository. And
the maven-bundle-plugin has been also added in my pom.xml file.

based on those conditions, I add a dependency on jena and I use the
"com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.Model" class in my project.

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.jena</groupId>
      <artifactId>jena-arq</artifactId>
      <version>2.13.0</version>
    </dependency>

Before I use the "com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.Model" class, protege can
install my tab plugin, however, after I have define an instance belong to
"com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.Model" class, protege cannot install my tab
plugin anymore.

Thank you if you have any idea for this.

Re: cannot install the custom protege plugin which uses the jena api

Lorenz Buehmann
Just adding the Maven dependency is not enough. As I said before, Protege is using OSGi for the plugins, so you have to setup the Maven Bundle Plugin correctly. Just adding it is not enough. And just add a dependency for Jena to the pom.xml is also not enough. Please read about the Maven Bundle Plugin online.

By the way, why are you using such an old version of Jena? Latest version is 3.10.0 - don't copy and paste code from some ancient tutorials online. That will always lead to issues.

[...]

Yeah, thank you very much, I have solved the problem by generating the
manifest.mf using the pom.xml file. I put the code here if someone is
interested

<configuration>
          <archive>

<manifestFile>src/main/resources/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
          </archive>
        </configuration>