collaborative OE for OWL 2 ?

Daniel Schober
Dear all,
Is there any collaborative protege for OWL 2 , e.g. based on P.4 ?

http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/3706/collaborative-editing-of-owl-2-ontologies

What are the plans here ? Or are there other tools for collaborative
OWL2 editing and individual user change history ?

Cheers,

  Daniel Schober.

   Dr. Daniel Schober
   Universitätsklinikum
   Institut für Medizinische Biometrie und Medizinische Informatik
   Stefan-Meier-Strasse  26 Raum 6
   D-79104 Freiburg Germany
   Tel: +49 (0)761 2036807 FAX: +49 (0)761 2036711

Freiburg   ...     wo die Babys mit Fahrradhelm zur Welt kommen.

Re: collaborative OE for OWL 2 ?

Timothy Redmond
On 08/09/2011 05:26 AM, Daniel Schober wrote:
> Dear all,
> Is there any collaborative protege for OWL 2 , e.g. based on P.4 ?
>
> http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/3706/collaborative-editing-of-owl-2-ontologies
>

> What are the plans here ? Or are there other tools for collaborative
> OWL2 editing and individual user change history ?

There is a Protege 4 client-server in svn which hasn't been released
yet.  It works but since it hasn't been released,  none of the warts are
known yet.  It is also lacking UI support which would be nice for
helping the user understand conflicts.  Finally, although there is an
OWL 2 notes api which is being used in the Bioportal, none of the
collaborative Protege 3 extensions exist yet for Protege 4.

Probably what is going to happen is that the development of the Protege
4.1 server will accelerate as we upgrade WebProtege to OWL 2.  We will
probably arrange that the OWL 2 version of WebProtege works with the
Protege 4 client in the same way that the current WebProtege works with
Protege 3.  I am also considering the possibility of releasing some of
the newer experimental plugins (code generation, client-server, an
ontology comparison engine and perhaps the database backend) with
Protege 4.2.  I will see what my team thinks of this possibility.

-Timothy