comparing ontologies

Jason J. Bourg
Hello,

In protege v4.2, there was a functionality via Tools >> Compare Ontologies. I'm using protege 5.2.0 and wondering if there's the same functionality for comparing two ontolgies? And if so, how do I go about doing so in the current version?

Any help is very greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jason B.

Re: comparing ontologies

Michael DeBellis-2
Jason, I suggest you check out  the plugins that come with the latest version of Protege. You should get a window that pops up the first time you open Protege every day with a list of all the available plugins or you can get that window by doing File>Check for plugins. The plugin that looks the most relevant is:

OWL Difference: "OWL Diff plug-in for calculating the differences between two ontologies. OWL Diff is loosely based on the PROMPT plug-in for Protege 3.x. Check out our YouTube video for an overview of OWL Diff usage."

I haven't used it but it sounds to me like that might be what you need. Hope that helps.

Michael

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 11:46 AM Jason J. Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

In protege v4.2, there was a functionality via Tools >> Compare Ontologies. I'm using protege 5.2.0 and wondering if there's the same functionality for comparing two ontolgies? And if so, how do I go about doing so in the current version?

Any help is very greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jason B.

Re: comparing ontologies

Jason J. Bourg
Thank you very much, Michael! That was exactly what I was looking for. -J.