connect protege and Oracle Database 12.2

connect protege and Oracle Database 12.2

みやうち`
Hi,

I tried to connect desktop protege (5.2.0) and Oracle Database 12.2.
But Error:25978 happened when I choose "Open Database Ontology" with
correct port, SID, and Username.

Java Version is 1.8.0_161

What is the cause of this problem and how can I solve this?

Best Regards,

Kei

Re: connect protege and Oracle Database 12.2

I don’t know what this error number means.  Is there anything in the log that might reveal what the problem is?  You can see the log by selecting the “Window” -> “Show log…” menu item.

> On 20 Feb 2018, at 01:49, みやうち` <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried to connect desktop protege (5.2.0) and Oracle Database 12.2.
> But Error:25978 happened when I choose "Open Database Ontology" with
> correct port, SID, and Username.
>
> Java Version is 1.8.0_161
>
> What is the cause of this problem and how can I solve this?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Kei

Re: connect protege and Oracle Database 12.2

みやうち`
Hi,

Thank you for quick response.

Actually, the log does not record this connection error.
But the log shows failure in generating ontology catalog and failure in reading  plugin repository (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/protegeproject/autoupdate/master/update-info/5.0.0/plugins.repository.)

I attached log file.

Are these problems affecting connection errors?

Regards,

Kei

I don’t know what this error number means.  Is there anything in the log that might reveal what the problem is?  You can see the log by selecting the “Window” -> “Show log…” menu item.

> On 20 Feb 2018, at 01:49, みやうち` <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried to connect desktop protege (5.2.0) and Oracle Database 12.2.
> But Error:25978 happened when I choose "Open Database Ontology" with
> correct port, SID, and Username.
>
> Java Version is 1.8.0_161
>
> What is the cause of this problem and how can I solve this?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Kei

protege.error.txt (4K) Download Attachment

Re: connect protege and Oracle Database 12.2

Thanks for posting the log.  The catalog warning doesn’t matter in this case.  The failure to read the plugin registry appears like it’s due to a connection error.  Could your firewall settings be preventing these kinds of connections?  I still don’t know what the Oracle plugin error is, but perhaps it’s related to network connection problems.