Quantcast

data Prorety

rana

Hi

How I can declare the range for data property as " 60 seconds"

Thank you

Rana Abaalkhail

Re: data Prorety

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Rana,

The "seconds" part you can't express as part of the range, because that represents the unit of measurement rather than the value per se, but you can add this to the range of your datatype property:

    xsd:decimal[>= 0 , <= 100]

This would restrict the values to any decimal vale that falls between 0 and 60.

Csongor

On 04/18/2017 09:16 AM, rana abaalkhail wrote:

Hi

How I can declare the range for data property as " 60 seconds"

Thank you

Rana Abaalkhail

Re: data Prorety

Rana, You might also want to look at some existing work for representing Time in OWL. There is the SWRL Temporal model:

https://github.com/protegeproject/swrlapi/wiki/ModellingTime

And there is the W3C Time ontology: http://lov.okfn.org/dataset/lov/vocabs/time

Note:  In the public SWRL temporal ontology there was a class missing that was important for some uses called Duration. Not sure if that has been changed yet or not but if you go to use the SWRL model and don't see the Duration class it should be there. If that happens you can contact me directly, I have a temporary fix I can send you. Good luck.

Michael

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 9:16 AM, rana abaalkhail <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

How I can declare the range for data property as " 60 seconds"

Thank you

Rana Abaalkhail

Re: data Prorety

Ghislain ATEMEZING
Hello,
See also these examples https://www.w3.org/TR/owl-time/#examples in the new Time ontology [1] under process for REC.

HTH
Ghislain

El mar., 18 abr. 2017 a las 22:08, Michael DeBellis (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" (W. Shakespeare)
Web: http://atemezing.org