dereference of IRIs

Varanka, Dalia
Hello
We have been building ontologies and triplestores and now face the challenge of dereferencing our IRIs.   Can anyone suggest resources - introductory, advanced, technical, educational, or any other - about dereferencing IRIs?
thanks
Dalia

--
Dalia Varanka
U.S. Geological Survey

Tel. 573.308.3897
ORCID: 0000-0003-2857-9600

Re: [external] dereference of IRIs

Rolph, Don

We do this using a simple apache web server.

We have a process which runs a SPARQL query for the terms with labels and descriptions from each ontology, formats it into an HTML table with anchors.

Our URIs are of the form:

http;//organization.com/id/domain#DOMAINID_xxxxxx

when this is placed into a web browser it:

  • Loads the appropriate web page
  • Scrolls to the correct anchor position

Put the following URI into a web browser as an example:

http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#prefLabel

Re: [external] dereference of IRIs

María Poveda
Dear Dalia,

  if you want to use w3id (https://w3id.org/) you can put your ontologies in GitHub and publish them under w3id URIs with OnToology http://ontoology.linkeddata.es/

With this solution the ontologies will not be redirected to the information in the triplestore but will be on line.

Best,

María

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 10:58 PM Rolph, Don <[hidden email]> wrote:

We do this using a simple apache web server.

We have a process which runs a SPARQL query for the terms with labels and descriptions from each ontology, formats it into an HTML table with anchors.

Our URIs are of the form:

http;//organization.com/id/domain#DOMAINID_xxxxxx

when this is placed into a web browser it:

  • Loads the appropriate web page
  • Scrolls to the correct anchor position

Put the following URI into a web browser as an example:

http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#prefLabel

Re: [external] dereference of IRIs

Varanka, Dalia
Thank you so much for that kind invitation, Maria.
We would like to take advantage of that for the opportunity to collaborate more closely with the community.
We need to set up data services for our agency (U.S. Geological Survey), but I will be be in touch again as soon as possible.